Scoliosis and TAMARS treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rayknox View Post
    If Daniel comes back and says the whole spine reverted back to its original shape after a few months then I will expect to be ridiculed. And rightly so.
    It wouldn't matter what Daniel says one way or the other without before/after radiographs.

This is a penetrating glimpse into the obvious for the evidence-driven, intellectually honest among us.

I can't find claims to decrease curves (as opposed to pain) on the TAMARS website. If they appear, I will send the site to Quackwatch for potential listing.
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

• Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      I can't find claims to decrease curves (as opposed to pain) on the TAMARS website. If they appear, I will send the site to Quackwatch for potential listing.
      Ooops. Found it.

amazing claim

I sent the page to Quackwatch. I'll report back with any reply.
      Last edited by Pooka1; 01-20-2009, 12:00 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• $64,000 question

What is TAMARS FDA-approved for EXACTLY?

Is the word "scoliosis" anywhere in the approval?

Is the claim that it can hold or improve scoliosis curves anywhere in the approval?

Is it approved to address pain or to decrease curves?

If not to decrease curves, why are you talking about FDA approval if it has been approved for non-scoliosis conditions?

s
        Last edited by Pooka1; 01-20-2009, 12:23 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• You are obviously too thick to read things properly.
          It is a device that has received clearance.

Comment

You are obviously too thick to read things properly.
            It is a device that has received clearance.
            Clearance for what?

Curing cancer? Detecting space aliens?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• FDA Clearance procedure

FDA clearance

Here is the page for TAMARS...

TAMARS

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• If you read these you will see that the device is intended to be used to adjust,mobilize or manipulate the joints of the spine.
                Not for curing cancer or detecting space aliens

Comment

If you read these you will see that the device is intended to be used to adjust,mobilize or manipulate the joints of the spine.
                  Not for curing cancer or detecting space aliens
                  Yes so I gather.

Clearly I had no idea what "FDA clearance" meant.

It seems to be just a statement that the device is safe and is in a certain class of devices.

Still, I don't see how the manufacturers get from "adjust, mobilize, or manipulate" to the claims to straighten spines.

If it can straighten spines decidedly and permanently then it would be the first such external manipulation device to do so and fusion surgery will be a thing of the past.

The inventor would get the Nobel in medicine/physiology.

What I don't understand is if spines can be permanently straightened such that fusion surgery is unnecessary then why don't the manufacturers do some controlled studies and prove it. They will make the cost of the studies back many fold if the device works as advertised, no?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• Firstly I am , unfortunately, neither the inventor nor the manufacturer. I just run a couple of clinics dedicated purely to the treatment. I am only reporting on what I have found.
                    And you are correct, a full clinical trial or some sort of study is completely necessary, but I do not have the funds to do one, nor has the inventor. I introduced the treatment into America to a company that I thought would raise the funds to do all the trials. They have been very slow in moving forward and with a change in their financial situation recently, things have slowed again. One trial is going forward to the best of my knowledge, in a Florida hospital, but purely on the back pain aspect.
                    Last edited by Rayknox; 01-21-2009, 07:24 AM. Reason: extra detail and removal of unnecessary parts

Comment

• As I understand it, a large part of the FDA clearance for TAMARS was due to the substantial similarity to several other devices which have already been approved.

I wonder if any of the several other similar devices also claim to straighten spines permanently.

I also wonder if TAMARS has a US Patent given the substantial similarity to several other devices.
                      Last edited by Pooka1; 01-21-2009, 05:15 PM.

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

• The device has a U.S. patent.

Comment

• Update: 2 years since last Tamars session

Got an automated birthday greeting today from this site and thought I'd check in for whatever its worth.

2.5 years ago I moved away from ireland to Sydney. So that brought an end to my monthly sessions at Rays clinic.
                          Since then I haven't had any back treatments/massages etc of any kind.
                          I've pretty much forgotten all the constant pain & discomfort that I used to have, its a distant and fading memory at this point.
                          Overall I'd say I'm at 9/10, every now and then my neck tightens up slightly if I surf a few days in a row without much stretching but thats probably fairly normal. Thats about it.
                          The aspect of this treatment that I find most remarkable is how permanent the effects of each session is. I'd finish each treatment feeling a bit better, permanently. All in all I think I had about 11 sessions over the course of a year.
                          I'm hugely thankful for this!

Comment

• Just saw your reply.
                            Glad everything is still going well.
                            Treatment methods progressing even further with experience.
                            Have done trials with university. Excellent results. Haven't posted for some time as too much agression on the site.
                            Hope to see you soon when you are back in Ireland.

Comment

Have done trials with university. Excellent results.
                              Are they published? Can you post the data here?

No island of sanity.

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                              X