3rd times a charm, I hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd times a charm, I hope!

I go in Monday morning at 5:30 am for my 2nd revision surgery with Dr. LaGrone in Amarillo. For all you Texas folks, Dr. LaGrone was listed as one of the 2007 Super Docs for Texas. An award he so well deserves!!!

I saw him Thursday morning for my pre-op. He took an x-ray and then we sat down to discuss his plans. First off, my C7 is 14 cm to far forward of my sacrum. He will remove all rods and screws from T12 to the sacrum. He will do a Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy (PSO) at L2, remember I already had one done at L3. He will then do several smaller Smith Peterson Osteotomies higher up. He will also work on an area that looks like the nerve is pinched a little bit. He will fuse my transitional vertabra that is on my sacrum. He will also be looking very closely for unfused areas and loose screws or weaken areas. He will reinstall the rods and screws from T12 to S2 or 3. He will also add the pelvic instrumentation for more stabilization. He said this should take 6 to 8 hours.

I have attached my before x-rays from February 2004 and also my after x-rays taken at his office on Thursday. The flash messed up some of the picture of the lumbar area.

I will let you all know how it comes out.

Theresa
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery

Wow, Theresa, you've been through so much already. Here's best wishes that the 3rd time WILL be the charm. Glad that you have a good dr. going for you.

Your before surgery picture looks a lot like my own. That's one huge curve on top; it makes the lumbar curve look like even more than the 44 degrees you stated!

Deb
    posterior surgery 7/24/06
    T72, L77
    50% correction

Comment

Working...
    X