Finally home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally home.

My surgery was the 7th, I suffered ALL week after with tremendous nerve pain, so this past Monday they went back in took one of the rods out, the srews on that side, replaced them and left L3 open since the first screw practically ruined that nerve, put the rod back in and sewed me up. I have lost 10 lbs and I am stick thin to begin with. I am miserable. I will NEVER do this again. I will give you the details when feeling more up to the computer. Krysi

So sorry to hear about your pain--hope its improving

Krysi,

So sorry to hear that you had to be redone surgically; that must have been very rough. It's amazing that you are already back home again. Here's hoping and praying that each day is getting better for you and that it will all be worth it in the end.

Deb
    posterior surgery 7/24/06
    for T72, L77

Comment

I really hope you feel better soon & that you never have to have another surgery!
      Laurie
      Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
      Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
      Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Well I ended up in my local hospital on Monday and came home today. I had broke out in this awful rash and had the chills and sweats. Turns out that I was allergic to something somewhere along the line. My blood count is still low and I have lost 14 lbs since my first surgery on the 7th! Not good but I am now starting to feel human again. Krysi

Comment

Working...
        X