Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discogram

Well hi everybody again,

Well I had a discogram on May 14th and that was an experience I dont want to go thru again. On the following Sunday I had to go to the ER due to a headache, the worst one I ever had. They said it was a spinal headache and to just lay on my back and drink alot of caffeine and rest. So I did and on that Tuesday I ended up in the Hospital for 2 days. I got home on thursday night and stayed on my back until 11:00 Friday night.
    I found out by my Dr that the worst is still yet to come. He told me that I will have to undergo another surgery to replace a disc that was trashed which is causing all my trouble. I do dread having another surgery. They are going to have to take the rod out, but I dont know if they will replace the rod I have now with a new one. Anybody that has had this done please let me know what to expect. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by JustLee34; 05-25-2004, 09:07 PM.

Major Pain

Just an update....I finally got rid of my spinal headache. Course now it seems the pain in my lower back has intensified 100%. I'm not getting any relief from the Lortabs the Dr. prescribed. I spent all day Tuesday being really sick and I think the pain pills were to blame. I'm not comfortable sitting, laying down, standing....no position is comfortable. I'm on the verge of tears alot...plus on top of the constant pain...I also get lots of spasms. I've tried laying on a heating pad...that doesn't help at all. I'm supposed to go back to the Dr. on Wednesday to discuss my possible surgery. Any suggestions for pain relief that doens't involve pain pills?

Comment

Hi,

I hope your pain goes away..It seems like everyone who has this test suffers greatly..I have no clue why they give this test...
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism
      complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
      increasing pain at the T4/5
      point irratation heardwear

Comment

surgery again

Surgery again,

I did find out that I am going to have my fourth surgery on June 29, 2004. I can not wait until then I am in so much pain I can not stand it anymore. I have a disk that is gone due to the harrington rod pushing down on it for the past 20 years. If anyone knows what to expect after this kind of surgery please let me know. I am scared of having another surgery. I will keep you updated On how everything goes. Thanks in advanced for any responces.

justlee34:
        Last edited by JustLee34; 06-21-2004, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Update: had surgery

Ok..had my Harrington rod removed on June 30th. Surgery was alot more difficult than the Dr. had thought..ended up losing alot of blood and required 6 units of blood and 2 units of plasma over three days. Was released from the hospital one week later and have begun my journey to recovery. It's been rough !!! I have my good days and then my bad days. I still require around 6 Davorcets a day, but I think my pain is decreasing some. I'm walking by myself with the help of a cane. I have a therapist who comes in twice a week to give me physical therapy. I think it's helping. The Dr. feels I will need more surgery on down the road...I still have two bad discs. From what I understand...I believe I'm fused all the way down my back except for two discs. I certainly have lost some range of motion which has been really hard to deal with. There are definetely days where I wonder if this surgery was the right thing to do. Anybody out there who had their Harrington rod removed who can give me some advice?

Comment

Working...
          X