Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sensitive to rods with rainy weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone sensitive to rods with rainy weather?

Hi everyone!!

I've been very uncomfortable for the past two days. I had my surgery back in September of 2006. I'm fused from T4 to L4 and have been doing great with my recovery. I've been completely off meds for several months now and I'm not sure why I've been so uncomfortable.

I think the threat of rain is causing my discomfort. Anybody else get really sore before it rains??

Thanks for your imput!
    Nickie

PS. I'm only uncomfortable on the top part of my back...

Yes, I can always tell when it's going to rain. I think you'll find many people feel the same. I feel very stiff at times when the weather is damp and when it's very cold in the winter (change of season). LYNN
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Nickie,

When the weather down here changes I feel as if I had been hit by a Mack truck! Once it starts raining, usually I start to feel better. But by then I'm usually so tired from dealing with the pain that my day is ruined.
      Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
      Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
      Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
      Fused T2 to sacrum
      June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
      MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

My husband says I'm more accurate than the weatherman when it comes to pain before rain or snow! My pain will get more intense about 2 hours before rain and then I get relief when it rains. I remember the first few years after my surgery predicting snow better than the weatherman. All my friends thought it was great because we could get home before the roads got bad.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Hey everyone.

Thanks for the reply. I look forward to being the most accurate weatherman in my home... :-)

I'll make sure to keep some tylenol with me when the weather is sketchy!

Thanks,
          Nickie

PS. Glad to know that it's not just me.

Comment

Working...
          X