Second surgery over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second surgery over

Well I had my second surgery last week to remove the end of the rod that was causing me a lot of pain and sticking out between my ribs at the back. When they opened me up, they discovered that it wasn't the rod, but the stump of one of the ribs that they removed in Jan. My muscles had pushed it out so that it was grinding on my other ribs. No wonder that I was in so much pain.

They went in posterially and removed the rest of the stump. I am now in a lot of pain again and I feel like I did after I came home from the first surgery. I can't do much again, but I should recover much faster from this one. I am hoping that I can go back to work on 23rd May. I will have been off for over 4 months by then. It will be fantastic to get back to normal.
    Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
    Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
    Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
    Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
    No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
    Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

kazyn,

i am new to the forum. i was looking through the posts and saw yours. i was just wondering how you are feeling and if you are back to work?

Comment

Working...
    X