(Orthoplast or Wilmington) Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Orthoplast or Wilmington) Jacket

Hi. I have a bf who has very serious scoliosis. He seems fine except that he complains about his back pain. It only bothers him really when he's standing at his job (which they don't allow him to sit down (even in the down times)).

But he is also so insistent on getting this orthoplast jacket to wear at night, because it helped him before (and I even believe so too). The old one he had wore out (he had for like +5 years). The only problem is, he and I have googled orthoplast jacket and found nothing except maybe 5 pages where it came up in PDF documents. It seems they don't make them anymore, which I hope not. He had gotten brace recently and seems to help some, but its 4 times thicker than the orthoplast jacket he had before. Is that how they make braces now?!?!? Thicker?!?!?

Any help, would be great please.

(Orthoplast or Wilmington) Jacket

Anyone?!?!?!?

Comment

Orthoplast/Spinecor

Wy doesn't he look into the Spinecor brace. He can wear it all day when standing is such a problem. It is not bulky and easily worn under clothes. It is totally dynamic (moves with you) so he will not be limited at work.

Check out www.scoliosissystems.com.

Good luck

Comment

Re: Orthoplast/Spinecor

No, he's pretty adamant about the OJ (orthoplast jacket) or Wilmington Jacket (I'm not too sure what the exact name is it, he thought another name was L1310). The Spinecor brace thing does look interesting, but mainly he doesn't want to wear one when active, he'd rather when idle and he heard that you should only wear that brace when active.

I guess its hard to adjust, since he had an orthoplast jacket from ages 4-8, 9-15, and then 18-20.

Just he was so grumpy for awhile and all last year, but then this year he's going to this OCI place that's giving him data entry skills so he can get a better job, and his spirit seems to have come back. So that's why I'm kind of insistent to about this orthoplast jacket, and I just don't want to see him crushed again.

But it has been +4.5 years since he got his last brace, so maybe we should see about getting another one. But if LaWalls (who seems to be Top Secret since WE can't find anything on the Whole World Wide Web about it) says they don't make them anymore, where else can we go?

He said he got a similar brace when he was in Colorado, although that was +20 years ago. But right now he's so desperate that he's willing to go anywhere in the U.S. to get an orthoplast jacket.

Any help would be great, thanks. Sorry for the long post.

Comment

There are people that only wear the Spinecor at night. There are people that wear it for pain relief. I know one lady that was totally incapacitated and regained full function with the Spinecor. I spoke with her before I put my 10 year old in the brace. She was in her 50's(age). Her curve was small, but very debilitating. She had worn the Spinecor for a few months and was functioning normally again. I supose because Rachel, my daughter, was having significant pain, I found that very encouraging. Rachel's pain was also completely aleviated by the Spinecor. She was debilitated at 10 by her pain.
          Best of luck!
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Working...
          X