What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

I'm just wondering if, based on the cumlative experience of the people on this forum, I can avoid surgery. I feel like this flat back syndrome has hit me like a train. Within a few weeks I've gone from being fully functional (with the usual back pain and spasms that I've coped with for years) to having pain which is making mobility very difficult. Is this just another bad period that I can expect to get past do you think? Maybe things have shifted a bit and I just need a little time to adjust? I'm having a really hard time trying to accept that I'll have to face recovery again...I really struggled after surgery when I was a kid I think I'll really suck at it now!

I have gone through numerours "bad" weeks since my original surgery in late 98. I could go for months with no problems and them wham, could hardly walk or lay. They started to come with more frequency and intensity since I had my baby in 05 and my torso started to lean to the right, big time. My diagnosis is broken rods. I go next Monday (30th) for revision. I don't know if my story is one that you can relate to or not. When was your original surgery? Where you diagnosed with flatback? I never was.

Comment

Working...
    X