Clear institute! Been there. Done that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bish

I am originally from Winnipeg, but I am currently going to school in Montreal. I am now thinking of seeing Dr. Charles Rivard about a SpineCor Brace. Have you tried SpineCor?

Comment

my sympathies

money is nothing bish
      put do this mean that there is no other way than surgery

I don't know may be some advice will work

any one with a good advice please I will value any hint
      a 31 years old male with a curve of 72 degrees progressive since 16yrs old last measured 3-2007
      second thoughts about surgery please advice
      e-mail mojoniedi@yahoo.com

Comment

Hola

I run support groups on Facebook, it all started as one to discuss clothing and the like, support one another etc

We are called "Howtolookgoodtwisted" anyway I did not come here to talk about myself, I picked up on your posts here about CLEAR, they have just recently started bombarding my group with their claims about their treatment, offering links and videos etc

What shall I do I do not want to upset other folks on the group as some are taken in by their cures but I am deeply concerned about such companies offering cures for Scoliosis for such staggering amounts, I am worried for new parents with children and teenagers who just know no better

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Simone Icough
        Scoliosis Support, News, Blog
        Twisted and Curved....I like that in a person
        Harrington rod T5 to L1 (1989)

Comment

Hi Simone,

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Legitimate medical professionals would never bombard a group such as yours with their "advertisements". I would do whatever you need to do to ban/block these folks from your support group.

Best of luck - and kudos to you for offering such a site for folks to share experiences.

Take care,
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

A Clear chiro is on record (fixscoliosis.com) that results should not be the benchmark.

Well, that certainly solves the question of efficacy!
            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Nutty View Post
              Hola

I run support groups on Facebook, it all started as one to discuss clothing and the like, support one another etc

We are called "Howtolookgoodtwisted" anyway I did not come here to talk about myself, I picked up on your posts here about CLEAR, they have just recently started bombarding my group with their claims about their treatment, offering links and videos etc

What shall I do I do not want to upset other folks on the group as some are taken in by their cures but I am deeply concerned about such companies offering cures for Scoliosis for such staggering amounts, I am worried for new parents with children and teenagers who just know no better

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Simone Icough
              I took a quick look at your facebook site. I think what you posted is perfect. Keep the board as a support tool. If people want to start a thread then they can do that. But I'd encourage you to ensure the discussion remains on support or personal experience and not a specific product, even in the threads. Your group is designed as a resource for people with scoliosis and how to dress the curve. If they want to talk about treatments or specific products or anything other than clothes or appearance, then point them in the direction of other groups. And don't hesitate to block people if they don't follow the rules.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X