Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shod i go back

ok am new hear.

i had surgery just over 14 years ago when i wos 18.
    Sean's then i have not real worked and most things make me tiered moor faster then it shod.
    i had the two ops and 3 months in hospital.
    and i still have a double curvature.

i hate the fackt that am deformed and have great difficulty with dealing with this.

the thing i would like to know is it worth going back to the hospital to see if there is any thing else they can do.

after all its been a long time and thay might have better treatment available.

also i don't think i could face the 3 months in hospital again with the tactician and the halo thingy.

also i do have one leg shorter then the other which doesnt help when walking.
    and as fer as am aware they only put bars in the top half of my back coz they didnt wont to restrict the movement of my hip.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Hi Jono,

Welcome to the site.

It would probably be worth going back to the hospital, just to find out if anything else can be done. You don't have to go ahead with anything if you don't want to. Technology and treatments have advanced a great deal in the last 18 years, so it would be worth finding out.

All the best and good luck,

Karen x
    Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
    Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
    Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
    Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
    No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
    Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

ye thanks for that.

i think i might do that coz am not sure if the bottom of my spin is still going over.
      i would also be interested to know the degree of my curvature as i don't know.

so the moor i think about it the moor i think its Worth a visit i hate hospitals lol

Comment

Working...
      X