Got date for surgery, scared!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got date for surgery, scared!!!

Hello everyone. My surgery is scheduled for June 18th, 2007 with Dr. Frank Schwab at the Hospital for Joint Diseases. I am still scared, but definetely not as much as I was prior to finding this forum. I am still not sure about what will be done to me. I have an appointment to see the surgeon on May 5th. Can anyone send me some questions to ask him?

Also, Ms. LindaRacine, I would appreciate any information you could give me on Frank Schwab. I know that he is affiliated with Dr. Farcy. It seems as if no on on this forum has had any experience with Dr. Schwab and the Hospital for Joint Diseases and this concerns me greatly. Thank you in advance.

Littlemiss, scheduled for surgery June 18, 2007.

Hi...

I don't think I know any of Dr. Schwab's patients. As far as I know, he is highly respected by his peers. And, he's authored or co-authored a lot of papers, so you can actually read about his outcomes:

ttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed

Best of luck with your surgery. I'm certain you're in good hands.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi,
      I met Dr. Farcey for my second opinion but when he was explaining the surgery to me I felt like I was in one of his letures halls...he was very suffie,bow tie and proper..but I knew he was brillant,,,,but he wasnt for me,,,,,I have a list a questions maybe 3 pages long check on the archives and i;ll be willing to send them to you
      CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
      fused T4 -L3
      Hip graft
      Grown 1 1/2 inches
      25/o upper T 15/o
      53/o T 15/o
      37/o L 6/o
      Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
      New York City

August 6, 2004
      Pulmonary Embolism