Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone been operated on by dr. hostin at baylor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone been operated on by dr. hostin at baylor?

thank you again for your welcome and encouragement - as i read through the archives, i am finding so many good answers to the seemingly never ending questions that i have, and i am glad you all are willing to share the details of your experiences. it's a good wakeup call to realize you might not be able to reach to wipe the ole hind end!! i am making up a shopping list as i go. i was very impressed with eric, the physicians assistant, and the office staff at the baylor scoliosis center/aka consulting orthopedist. i booked surgery with dr hostin, and i was wondering if there any of his patients have any feedback to offer. i have read quite a bit of good feedback on dr shelokov, and i know he is probably a "hard act to follow". i have good expectations from dr. h, as i believe he must be somewhat above average, or dr s. would not have brought him into his practice.. i am a 47 year old female with a 69 thorcacic curve and at least a 40 degree lumbar curve. i still have to undergo a discogram before they decide what to do. also, i really like looking at the before and after xrays that some of you have posted !
    Lisa age 47
    T curve 69 degrees
    L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
    fused to from T-3 to sacrum
    anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
    pushing hard in recovery !!

I did meet Dr. Hostin while at Dr. S's office. He is very nice, but I have a history with Dr. S - so I went with him. However, Dr. S did say that he would never bring on an associate unless he had great confidence in him. Also, Dr. H said that he has never lost a patient or had any neurological complications. So, that is definitely reassuring. Hope this helps, and I hope there are others out there who can help you out more.

Ann
    44 year old female
    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
    Posterior Only, 9 hours
    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Working...
    X