Surgery date has been moved up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery date has been moved up

I just had a call yesterday afternoon from Dr. LaGrone's office saying that something has come up and he wouldn't be in town after my surgery date of June 4th for a week. Kathy, one of the nice ladies in his office, said he doesn't like to leave his patients for the first week after a surgery of this magnitude. So they need to reschedule me. They asked about June 18th but that would throw a wrench into my recovery time and my plans of going back to work part time in early August to handle new student registration. I asked if there was anything else that was earlier and they offered me May 21st. My principal said go for it, I will just be missing the last week of school and it will give me an extra 2 weeks of recovery time. So now we are set for May 21st! That just seems sooooo much closer than June 4th! He will be removing the old implants from T12 to S1; doing a pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2; put a different brand of implants in and fuse to S2; possible instrumentation to the pelvis also. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this will solve my problems!
    Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
    Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
    Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
    Fused T2 to sacrum
    June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
    MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

You'll be fine with your new date. It gives you more time for recovery. Some things are just meant to be! Best of luck for a successful surgery!!!
    Martha
    Mother of Laura, Age 19
    Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
    Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
    Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
    Fused T2-L2
    Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
    Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
    Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
    OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

Movin' on up.

I know lots of people who wouldn't mind missing the last week of school.

I will be thinking of you.

p

Comment

Thank you both!!!
        Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
        Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
        Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
        Fused T2 to sacrum
        June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
        MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Gool luch Theresa, I will be thinking of you. At least htis way you will get more recovery time.
          Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
          Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
          Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
          Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
          No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
          Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

Working...
          X