Milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milestone

I am almost 7 months post op and feeling very good. I am a manager in a store and always dressed in skirts and heels for work. Thigh his don't really work that well. Since it has been getting a little nicer in the weather department I have really wanted to wear a skirt but have not been able to put pantyhose on.
    Finally on Monday I did it. I was so excited because I really didn't think I would ever be able to put them on again.
    Also if this time last year someone told me I would be this excited over putting pantyhose on I would think they were nuts!
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Hi Dawney

Yes, that's great, and did you notice that it's also getting easier to bend down to shave the legs before putting the pantyhose on!!!

Deb
    Surgery 7/24/06
    T5-L5

Comment

Super! you go. I will look for this mile stone. Lois
      Lois
      T4 to T11 surgery???

Comment

Good job Dawn! I too remember that one. You are going to keep on finding you can do things you could do before. Some you won't think about untill later and then you will smile to yourself and think how far you have come. I am so happy to know you are doing so well. Best wishes.

Comment

good for you!

Great news Dawn!!!! I'm thking I was 7 mos post-op but I'm 8 by then of this month! I noticed a big difference the last few weeks....I feel great and was just out riding my bicycle...very carefully,though,,,no hills!!!!Lynne

ps. I'm just dying to rollerblade,.....I know---forget it!...Maybe by Sept??
          http://lynnebackattack.blogspot.com
          Last edited by lelc2002@yahoo; 03-24-2007, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Hi Dawn,

Congratulations on that milestone!!! That's a good one. I was excited the first time I was able to cut my toenails. There were more than that, but the toenails seem to stick out the most.

Shari

Comment

That's great Dawn! I remember your posts going into surgery 7 months ago, and am so excited that you are doing so well!

Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Congratulations. Isn't it funny how the small things are so exciting to us, when before they were just mundane.
                Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
                Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
                Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
                Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
                No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
                Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

Dawn-

Sounds like you are doing great. I know the feeling! Here's to milestones!

Brandi
                  Brandi
                  Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
                  Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
                  L1-S1
                  Dr. William Lauerman
                  Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
                  Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
                  http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Congratulations, Dawn. Sounds like you're making an excellent recovery.

Shelley

Comment

lol this post made me smile

i think we all appreciate things after we are uanble to do them...but for how long? we should always appreciate them

you go girl!!

Comment

Working...
                      X