No announcement yet.

Mri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, Melissa- since this wasn't posted on SK (that I saw at least...) I just wanted to let you know that I'm thrilled that your MRI was all clear!!!! I hope everything is going well with you!
    Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Hey Bekah,

How are you doing? What is new with your treatments and everything?
      Melissa
      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

I'm doing ok... I'm 4 months post-op from my Chiari decompression/duraplasty on Saturday, so that's my biggest news! lol As far as my bracing, **hopefully** I'll be done in June because my syrinx should have shrunk by then. So at my neuro and ortho appts in June I should get the all clear! I can't wait!!!!! But other than that I'm all recovered from the surgery!!!!!! How's Nicole doing?
        Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Melissa,
          I'm glad everything was O.K.

Hugs!

Cheryl
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Bekah,

June is just around the corner. Hang in there. I am sure there will be a big celebration when you are done wearing your brace.

Nicole is fine. Thanks for asking. We go back to Montreal in May so we will know if she is still holding her own with Spinecor. She is 5'5" a little taller than her big sister who is your age. Jessica is at her junior prom as we speak. Everyone came here for pictures and they took a big limo. I can't wait until they get back at 11:30 to find out how it was. I hope it was amazing.

Take care, Bekah. You really are an inspiration. I mean it.
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

So how did your MRI go Drummer Girl?

My daughter's Chiari surgery in Dec. went well and she had a great MRI in March with the fluid draining well from the Syrinx,. My daughter will need spinal fusion and found out today she is scheduled for August 1st. She is asking which was worse surgery, Chiari or fusion. I told her that they will both be different but I read positive and negative on both from you on other threads. I hope you are doing well also.
              Shirley
              Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

That's great that her syrinx is draining, but too bad about the fusion. She'll do great, though! Spinal surgery can't be fun, but neither is brain surgery and both know that too well! lol

My Feb. MRI showed no change so it was really disappointing. I'm hoping June goes better. We're actually kind of freaked out about my scoli though, because at my last dr. appt (yearly physical) it showed that I was no longer 5'7" and 3/4 but now 5'6" 1/4. What?!?!?!! Now I'm scared that my curve might have increased, but there's nothing I can do until June 7th. **can't come fast enough** How's your daughter feeling about all this? Surgery is definitely scary, but since she's already had one, she'll do awesome!

Comment

Sorry to hear that your MRI and check up were not what you wer hoping for. I hope in June it goes well. My daughter is not as scared since she has been in the hospital and had surgery. She likes that the doctors say most kids go to school in a month so she may not miss much school since it starts the last week on August. She has been doing ok, but it's still 2 months away.
                  Shirley
                  Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

Working...
                  X