guys with scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys with scoliosis

if u read info online or pamphlets at hospitals, it always says that scoliosis is more common in girls.

do u guys feel like a wuss? im pretty shy to tell a girl that i have scoliosis...

im nt looking for consolation but jus wanna know how the other guys feel?

Hey

im not a guy but if u tell ppl if they make fun of you then they arent your friends and you shouldnt talk to them or even care what they think about you

there is this guy at school who makes fun of me at a daily bases and ive learned not to care. expecially that he says things like'ohh there goes the scolisosisisisis girl' or 'help!! the plastic thing is attacking me' stupid stuff and i just say 'get out of my life' or somthing lik that. just figure out a good come back and smash them into the ground(not literally)

don feel lik a wuss there is nothing to be afraid of its just now that ppl say stuff. plus its cus they either want to mak u feel lik a little person or just are pure stuck up brats!!!

Wish you all the luck with come backs!!
    Firexbaby a.k.a
    Veronika
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

arghh u guys misunderstood...

im talking more abt ur confidence.....like ur posture and stuff...does it get to u.

Comment

oh sorry

well with the posture i cant help cuz lik i said im not a guy
        Mák Veronika
        14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
        40T
        54L
        +rotation
        Boston Brace since December 2005
        Location in Florida

I play flute.
        I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

About guys and scoliosis

I'm not a guy either and I've told friends who never knew i had Scoliosis. My posture wasnt bad so friends couldnt pick it up. I had a weird reaction from a friend of mine who never knew i had Scoliosis, until i tild him to take a look at my shoulders. My shulders are uneven due to my 2 curves making my back look like an 'S'.

By the way, ur not a wuss, people take things differently compared to others so there's nothing to worry about. I have freinds who are going to stick by me when I have surgery sometime this year.

Jacinta
          2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

I'm a guy, and I can care less that more females have the disease. I don't know if I'd be any more of a stud by not having it...but I'd guess I would be. The biggest problem with posture is that it is flush on one side. I'm thinking of looking for an implant so that my flush side is more similar to the side with a hump...not sure if that would help much.
            Last edited by ; 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I'm a guy with scoliosis, and I don't feel like a wuss because of it. If anything, it makes me tougher. Most people couldn't handle the pain I deal with on a daily basis. I've developed a very high threshold for pain due to it. I've always been open about having scoliosis, and no one's ever looked down on me for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ermintham View Post
                arghh u guys misunderstood...

im talking more abt ur confidence.....like ur posture and stuff...does it get to u.
                Confidence? No not really. Although I do not like to go to the beach, I never have. Nothing else has bothered me really. In school I was well liked and not bothered too much. Mostly people forgot about it after getting to know me.

Find your centre though. Don't let what other people say bother you too much. Find your real friends and hang out with them. Don't listen to what other people say to bug you. You have your own qualities within yourself, you need to realise that and what other people say do not matter.
                Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
                Still have 57 degree curve
                2 Harrington rods
                Luque method used
                Dr David Bradford
                Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
                Preop xray (with brace on)
                Postop xray

Comment

Confidence? Not at all. Ive known parapeligics with more confidence than most. Its all about you.

Going down to the beach is a good thing. Its nice to keep up with the latest styles of "chest protectors"
                  Ed
                  49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
                  Pre surgery curves T70,L70
                  ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
                  Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
                  http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
                  http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Originally posted by titaniumed View Post
                    Its nice to keep up with the latest styles of "chest protectors"
                    Ed
                    Speaking of which, how is your research coming along on the Young's modulus of elasticity and the relationship between the secant and radius of the various chest protectors? Do you have a control group?
                    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                    X