No announcement yet.

Chiro will it help ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's more than i thought, similar as for physiotherapists and nurses and only 1/2 the amouint needed to become a doctor, or is it part time??

Comment

It's probably 3 years to study treatments and another year to learn how to make as much money as possible. ;-)

Actually, I don't know for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that there are ways to get a DC in 3 years or less.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine
        It's probably 3 years to study treatments and another year to learn how to make as much money as possible. ;-)

Actually, I don't know for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out that there are ways to get a DC in 3 years or less.

--Linda
        DC schools are four years long like conventional medical schools BUT

Unlike allopathic/osteopathic medicine they do not have residencies.. just 200 hrs of clinical traning. Same amount of clinical traning hours Massage Therapists need to be licesed.. well this is in NY.. don't know about other states.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Gruvin, I understand your comment from the orthopaedic journal that chiro care works immediately following an accident. My son and I had chiro care for a limited time of several weeks following an accident. The chiro also took care of my daughter when she was first diagnosed with scoli while we waited on the brace to be fitted. He prescribed a certain number of weeks (maybe 12) for my son and me and gradually tapered it off by the end. We both also went to an orthopaedic doctor who prescribed PT after we had finished chiro. I felt the PT was almost identical to the chiro. The Physical Therapist used a contraption like the one on this thread which someone commented looks like the mouth is covered. I have that contraption in a pile in my room now. It is helpful, if I bother to set it up and use it. Actually, I don't have it pull my neck back while something pulls forward as in the photo. I hang mine from a door, sit in a chair, and let it gently pull my head up toward the ceiling. Feels wonderful!! Mine became a hassle to hand and take down, as you fill the weight with water. But when my PT did it, he had me lie on a table and the contraption pulled my head toward the end of the table. I did it for maybe 10 min. or so at a time.

Comment

My chiro quit adjusting my daughter when she got her brace, as he wanted to make sure the ortho was able to assess the effectiveness of the brace without having to consider the effects of the chiro. The only reason I had my daughter get chiro was because my son and I started chiro at the same time she was diagnosed with scoli and the doctor said a child is free with an adult. He filed insurance on my auto for my son and me and included her for free. He acknowledged that he would probably not get much, if any, change in her curvature, but mostly would help the muscles around it, I think it was. I was actually disappointed with his honesty, as I would have loved to hear at the time a "cure." I respected him much more since he did not imply a cure at all, but mostly comfort, if we found it helpful. I am 50, by the way, and the pain at age 50 may be something other than scoli, as I think Linda suggested. I feel like I live at the doctors office now, between myself and my 3 kids. I currently have about 10 degree scoli (as someone said, it is not medically considered scoli at this degree), which probably has given me back pain all my life off and on, plantar fasciitis, which someone mentioned: a problem walking on my heel of my foot, arthritis of the neck. Usually I don't even mention my ailments, but the person who mentioned their spine problem at degree 7, who has pain, is about 50, so I thought I might share my problems at our age with her. Good luck!

Comment

I hope you'll also offer a money back guarantee.
              Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

For Northland med

Stop it!!!

All the references you posted are the same authors over and over again. Just because it is published does not mean it is useful or effective.

The only way a treatment is considered effective is when many DIFFERENT researchers use the treatment and get the same successful results on large groups of patients. Then the studies are published in journals for peer review. Even peer review is not perfect-but it it is the best we have--look what happened in South Korea with cloning.

We all wish chiropractic would have straightened us out--so much simpler than surgery. Unfortunately many of us, including myself-as a teen, have gone that expensive route only to have our curves continue to progress.

Karen
                Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
                Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Karen....

Hope you also noticed that none of the papers has to do with scoliosis.

--Linda
                  Last edited by LindaRacine; 12-26-2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

references

I just read at least 5 abstracts of the posted references and I DO understand the lingo. I am not impressed. Many of the references talk about computer "modeling" of the spine as a way to measure it. That does not improve scoliosis. You can measure until the cows come home and it doesn't prove a thing.
                    Another one talked about "skin". Another talked about "whiplash".

I also looked at the advertised web site. I was not impressed with the advertised/high priced devices offered to practitioners.
                    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
                    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

None of the research references posted has to do with reducing scoliosis curves. If you can provide proof of permanent structural scoliosis curve reductions, I'd be happy to sing your praises to anyone who will listen. Until then, I've got to believe that posting spam to 10 threads is just a really disgusting marketing ploy.

--Linda

P.S. I'm not impressed that one of your partners used to be affiliated with the Denver Broncos.... unless, of course, some of them had scoliosis ;=)
                      Last edited by LindaRacine; 12-26-2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hey all, I'm only a parent. When I looked at their webpage my thought was I would never put my child through that. Not being professional, that wasn't hard for me to figure out. The contraptions looks scarey. These kids have enough to deal with, why would someone want to scare them with this contraption. We tried Chiro for 1 and 1/2 years, with absolutely no results. I can't imagine going through more time to try something else, when surgery was our only choice. Linda and Karen, I am so glad you are here to help protect others that may be reaching out carelessly for anything possible. My daughter had surgery and is leading an absolutely normal life now. Thank you for being there and doing the buyer beware thing for everyone.

Nikki

Comment

Northlandmed,
                          TAKE A HIKE
                          You need something better to do with your time then harass us that are truly supporting each other.

Comment

There are lots of success stories here. So, GO AWAY

Comment

Northlandmed,
                              You are very rude and very disruptive so GO AWAY. I had a Chiro lie to me for almost two years about scoliosis and kyphosis. So GO AWAY

Comment

Northlandmed,
                                I am not asking questions from you, you are just being rude by soliciting. Why don't you just get a telemarketer to do this for you. You have started ADVERTISING your business here, which is not what these forums are for. That is what your WEBPAGE is for. We just are not interested in your soliciting business on this forum. That is not it's purpose. If you knew how kids are diagnosed, you would understand that they are generally referred by their GP's, Pediatricians, etc., for appropriate care. Please don't solicit business on these forums. You haven't walked in our shoes, so you don't know why we make the decisions we make and what we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X