Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stenosis

Hi Everyone,

My Last Mri Showed Possible, Severe Stenosis On My Left Side As Being The Cause For My Hip Butt And Leg Problems And Minor Stenosis On My Right Side.
    For The Last 6 Months Or So I Have Been Taking Lyrica Which Was Working Great.
    But For The Last Month It Is Doing Nothing For My Pain Anymore. I Am Actualy Writting This Standing Up.
    I Was Wondering If Anyone As Been Diagnosed With This And Treated. Any Info Would Greatly Be Appreciated.
    I Am Totaly Exausted At The End Of The Day From Putting Up With It.
    I Had An Appointement Last With With My Orth. And I Had To Cancelle Because There Was No Way Of My Making It Down There.

I Have Already Done The Reasearch On The Internet And Read All About It.
    I Just Would Like Some Personal Feed Back, On If Anyone As Had To Deal With This As Well, Were Any Of You Ever Given This As A Possible Cause For Your Pain As Well, Or If It Could Be Something Else.
    Anything Would Greatly Be Appreciated. Take Care Everyone. Cic

A 20 yo relative of mine has spinal stenosis (no scoliosis) and gets leg and back pain from it. She takes celebrex for the pain only as needed, but gets a great deal of relief from a hard plastic lumber brace she wears at night or as needed. Which leads me to wonder: if an adult with spinal stenosis can get relief from back pain with a brace, what is the reasoning behind not using a brace for scoli back pain?

Comment

Hi Cic,
      That's exactly what I have/had - it was caused by my scoliosis, subsequent Flatback Syndrome, DDD....etc. I just had revision surgery for it. If you would like, PM me with questions, etc. I'm in Canada too.
      Take care,
      Cena
      Cena
      Nov. 2006 - revision surgery
      Aug. 1992 - revision surgery for hook removal and pseudoarthrosis
      July 1989 - Cortrell Doubosett procedure - two rods and fusion T4-L4 (age 13)

Comment

Stenosis.

Thanks guys for the response, it is always nice to get answeres back. As for Celebrex it does nothing for me. I was put on it as soon as it was out, the vioxx, then Mobocox(which is under a different name now.) Good question about the brace.
        Thank you Gena I will write and ask more questions. Take care everyone.
        If anyone else as anything to add please do. Cic.

Comment

Stenosis

I am getting revision/extension surgery in June. Because of the length of the rods I have already (since '93), I have a lot of degeneration right below the fusion. One of the things that has happened is stenosis on my left side that causes pain in my left leg. Part of the surgery I will be getting is that the dr. will irrigate around where the stenosis is and make some room around the nerves that are causing the pain. Of course if stenosis is your only issue, they will try to fix it with drugs first. Epidural steroid injections are supposed to help with stenosis i think.
          Jessica B.
          "Bionic Woman"

1990 - 1993 - Wore Boston Brace
          1991 - Post fossa decompression for Arnold Chiari Malformation
          1993 - Posterior spinal fusion T4 - L4 and thoracoplasty T6 - T10 on the right
          2007 - Lumbar laminectomy L4 - L5; L2 - iliac wing extension instrumentation and fusion

Comment

Hope your surgery went well Jessiflute

Sorry it took so long to write back, but can not site for very long anymore.
            As for the stenosis, no it is not my only problem, i have alot of degenaration as well and alot of other issues with my back. I have been in this situation since my surgery back in 85. I am returning to my ortho. in Sept. and will know more what to do. Hope your surgery went very well. Please let me now how your doing. Cic

Comment

I had revision surgery done to relieve the pain. The doctor took some of the extra bone off of the nerve and that helped for a couple of years. Now arthritis is causing a lot of my problems.
              T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
              2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
              3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
              Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Post harrignton rod from 81

HI Im new to this site had my scoliosis surg in 81 at 14, body cast for a year and now at 40 for the last yr have horendous pain in left side xrays showed disc deterioration severe ,and end plate changes. I go for ct scan in 2 dys. Im on lyrica for nerve damage and it made me gain weight any one else have that result? Also on vicodine es, celebrex, soma ,valium and they say its going to progress and get worse im very down about this . Im 40 and am an actress and now i can barely stand straight after sittting its very sad and painful help anyone????? I do sales and must sit long hrs which makes it worse i cant afford disablity they say they can do surgery it may work a 30 % chance thats too risky for my taste :

Comment

Hi madnsn....

What state do you live in? The reason I ask is there are some very highly regarded surgeons with experience dealing with us post harrington rod patients who are having very similar issues....

Feel free to send me a Private Message - or email: askforKEN@aol.com

You need to seek the help of a Top Doctor, and there are few known to most of us...

Comment

Working...
                  X