No announcement yet.

I decided on surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anya- you will find that different people/family members handle it in different ways as best they can....My 80 yr old mother who I thought was with me all along on my surgery decision, pretty much begged me to reconsider with 4 weeks to go! It is extremely hard on your loved ones but they will come thru for you...mine did! I, of course, heard how crazy they all were months after my recovery...my husband told me later on...evidently on surgery day, my mom washed her kitchen floor several times & cleaned all day to ease her nerves..must have been a really clean house & floor since I was under for 10 hrs...Ly

Comment

Yeah, what Lynne said. When I was preparing for surgery, I felt the need to talk about it and vent my fears and concerns to my family and friends. I didn't always get the reaction or type of support I needed from them. I later discovered that it wasn't that they didn't care or weren't interested, it was just hard for them to have that conversation with me. They wanted to enjoy their time with me before my surgery and not fill every moment with talk of hospitals, doctors and the like. They worried about me, but felt the need to be strong and not let their anxiety show for my sake. I think this is true for so many of us. I found it extremely helpful to limit my scoli related rants and concerns to this forum and my blog.
      Brandi
      Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
      Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
      L1-S1
      Dr. William Lauerman
      Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
      Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
      http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
      X