Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feed back on people who have had lumbar fusion

If you've had surgery please help

Hi my name is Ivan and i've been looking around on the forums but i really cant get the exact answer im looking for, so for you's planing on getting surgery like me im pretty sure this topic here might help. If you have had lumbar surgery was it worth it? do you regret it? is the pain after the healing really bad or worse? what are the limitations how far can u bend twist? how far down or up are you fused? and what are the weight limitations? when it gets cold do the rods get cold too thus making ur back hurt more. any other info would be greatly apreciated

Thank you very much if you can help me out here it would be great!!!
    right lumbar curve T12- L3 43* T12-L5 69*

Originally posted by kardoid
    If you've had surgery please help

Hi my name is Ivan and i've been looking around on the forums but i really cant get the exact answer im looking for, so for you's planing on getting surgery like me im pretty sure this topic here might help. If you have had lumbar surgery was it worth it? do you regret it? is the pain after the healing really bad or worse? what are the limitations how far can u bend twist? how far down or up are you fused? and what are the weight limitations? when it gets cold do the rods get cold too thus making ur back hurt more. any other info would be greatly apreciated

Thank you very much if you can help me out here it would be great!!!
    Let me see if I can help with some of your questions. My first fusion was L1-L5. Yes it was worth it. I don't regret it at all. After you heal and rehab at least for me there was no pain. As far as bending and twisting L1-L5 didn't really limit me. I have since been fused from my tail bone to the base of my neck. Now your talking about a whole different fusion. I can't bend or twist but you asked about just the lumbar area. When it gets cold the rods don't get cold. However you will experience some stiffness until the weather warms up. Everyone will react different so my feelings may NOT be the same as what others are having. You can hear all kinds of horror stories on this site as to what others have gone threw so I would suggest a real long talk with your doctor.
    Good Luck, BackTalk
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
    X