Bad leg pain 7 mos. post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad leg pain 7 mos. post-op

I am 7 months post op from having posterior surgery from T5 to L5 for a double scoliosis curve T72,L77. Was doing alright other than some stiffness and inflammation.

After returning home from church services today, I almost fell over with pain in my left leg -- it feels very tight, cramped and painful--the worst in the thigh. I could barely put weight on it--had to lie down and put ice on my tail bone. Getting up and down a new experience in pain--can barely sit on toilet. Grabbed crutches to keep my weight off the leg. This came on very sudden. I had been having some sciatic symptoms in the right lower back/hip area, but this is completely different--on the left side and much more severe.

I see my surgeon again on Friday--so far he has told me that all my pains are healing up pains and my x-rays look alright. Should I request some other type of scan or treatment for this? I have had PT already for 6 weeks and don't think I could do it now. I feel crippled.

Deb
    age 48

Hi Deb...

Hopefully, you won't have to request it when you see your surgeon. I'm sorry about the new pain. It's definitely not normal.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hi Deb,
      That sounds totally wrong yeah get some other tests done,
      Regards and Good Luck xx
      Kerry 15
      From England
      3 Spinal Surgerys
      Mr Dorgan & Mr Bruce Thankyou
      Alder Hey Childrens Hospital Ward E2 Thankyou so Much

Comment

Deb-try not to worry too much & perhaps after a good nights sleep you'll be better. Maybe it's something you did? a certain movement? I had a couple of times when I was exhausted that I'd lie down & then try to get up fast & my left leg(curve side & one that still had some thigh numbness) gave out on me...then as I walked it , it left..but it scared me for an instant....hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow...keep in touch..Lynne

Comment

Leg a bit better today

Hi Lynn, Linda, GC,

Thanks, last night was pretty rough--took a while to be able to sleep. Today I am still stiff and sore but not as bad as yesterday. The sharp pain in my leg is way down and I am able to put weight on my leg. It is still weak though, and I will have to take it easy today. Must have been some movement, maybe getting out of the car or something.

Deb

Comment

Working...
          X