Dr. Lawrence Lenke, M.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Betty

Hello Betty, I see you also live in Michigan. I live in Ann Arbor and would love to talk with you about your surgery with Dr. Lenke. MY phone # is 734-662-9186. Regards, phyllis ponvert

Comment

Dr. Lawrence Lenke, M.D.

Hi Phyllis,

I would be very happy to speak with you regarding my surgery with Dr. Lenke.
      I tried calling today, but missed you. I'll keep trying!

Infact, I'm heading back to St. Louis next week for my one year post-op visit
      with him. I was fortunate that my doctor here in Michigan monitored my
      progress (sending x-rays and info to Dr. Lenke) for the first year. Saved me
      a lot of traveling! However, I'll be happy to see Dr. Lenke again and show him the great job he did.

By the way, I live about three miles from Lake Michigan, just north of Muskegon. I'll be calling you soon!

Sincerely, Betty

Comment

Dr. Lawrence Lenke, M.D.

Hi Doreen,

Just saw where your surgery is coming up August 27th. I want to wish you the very best and know you are in excellent hands!

Take care, Betty

Comment

Thank You

Thank you so much Betty for the support and well wishes. I have been putting this upcoming surgery out of my mind but as it gets closer I am starting to get very nervous. I just keep trying to get it off of my mind. My local spine surgeon has been very good and keeps offering me support and he is going to be going over for the surgery also. I just will be glad to get this over with. I have been through this 8 times before but I was 16 years younger and didnt have all the other health issues that I have developed over the years. I have been busy trying to get in better health by working out at a friends pool for the last 3 months. Trying to get my lung functions better and some more movement in my back so the correction can be better. The more I hear about Dr. Lenke the better I feel. I really feel that I am going to the best place I could be going to. Dr. Lenke and the entire staff seem so nice and comforting. I just will be glad when it is over and I can get home to recuperate.

Doreen

Comment

Dr. Lawrence Lenke MD

Someone mentioned that they had seen a video of Dr. Lenke performing surgery. Any way I could buy a copy?

dianeh
            ant./post. fusion Jan. '06
            T3- sacrum
            dbl.curve, T47,L43

Comment

Hi there.... DIANEH

The video I think your are talking about is on Dr. Lenke's website...

btw: can I ask how your mobility is being fused T3 - sacrum?

I am currently T2-L2, but proposed revision is T2-sacrum.....

Thanks, any info will be appreciated!! TY!!
              Ken.

Comment

Update

Just thought I would let everyone know that yesterday I was in St. Louis for my preop visit and meeting with the anethesiologist and to get a triple central line inserted into my collarbone. My surgery is scheduled for Monday August 27th. I came home late last night and on Sunday my family and a friend will be going back to St. Louis for this latest trek of mine. This is my 9th spinal fusion in the last 17 years and I have had this one scheduled for almost a year. At first when it was scheduled I really didnt think a thing about it but in the last two days as it gets closer I am really having a lot of reservations about this surgery. I will be glad when it is this time next week. Anyway just wanted to let you all know that yesterday at Barnes Jewish in St. Louis for all of my testing the entire staff I came into contact with were of the highest quality and most caring that I have encountered in all of my years of surgeries and testing at any hospital. Anyway I just wanted to bring everyone up to date and I will post after I am able to just to let everyone know about how my final successful surgery went!

Doreen

Comment

just thought that i'd post on this thread that my appointment with dr. Lenke is on wednesday the 12th! IF anyone has any advice besides that it is a long wait, let me know!
                  aBbiE
                  22 yr old F,KU college student
                  Kyphoscoliosis...
                  Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
                  Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
                  I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
                  Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
                  all smiles!

Comment

It's probably a good idea to have all your questions written down so you don't forget to ask any of them.
                    Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
                    Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
                    Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Dr. Lawrence Lenke MD

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the info on the video. I've been in Germany on an extended business trip with my husband and have been offline for about 2 months.
                      My flexibility after almost 2 years of recovery is excellent, although it is a little difficult to put on socks and tie my shoes, especially when I'm tired. I'm finding tho that all this is still improving month by month. Good luck!

dhansen
                      ant./post. fusion Jan. '06
                      T3- sacrum
                      dbl.curve, T47,L43

Comment

I am back

Hi this is Doreen and yes indeed I have had my surgery by Dr. Lenke on August 27, 2007. Everthing that Dr. Lenke had to do turned out beautiful. However due to my serverity and number of prior surgeries and current health coditions, it was not an easy surgery. Needless to say I am now starting my 5th hospital stay. I have not been out of a hospital since I checked in on August 27th. I ended up having one 12 hour surgery for the revision, then at the end of that it was found that because of all the prior surgeries there was so much scare tissue that they had cut into my spinal canal and fluid was leaking so they had to immediatly take me back into another 4 hour surgery to repair that. I was then found out 2 days later if was still leaking so into surgery again to repair that. I was on a vent and have finally just 2 weeks ago weaned off of it. still have a tracke in and a speaking valve but hope that will be gone soon. Actually they had trouble weaning me off of the tracke and found out that somewhere along the line my cervical disks 3,4,5,6 had been damage and were putting pressure on my spinal cord causeing my diaphram and lungs to be paralizd. Had to have surgey at a different hospital to correct that. I am now back in evansvilleindiana at at rehab hospital for 4 weeks of intense rehab because i am unable to stand or get moving because of laying in bed for so my months. Well that is why I havent been on in awhile. I feel like all of my probems were just flukes. My back however is real straight and not causing me any pain, Thank God
                        Good luck to everyone else,
                        Doreen

Comment

New to site w/info on Lenke

Hi all! I am a new member here. I too have been looking for additional information on Dr. Lenke. I have kyphosis with an 83* curve. My personal physician has told me that it is time to consider surgery. I went to a Dr. in Kansas City, he was pompas a** and I wont go back. I work for an ambulatory surgery center in south central Kansas, our company has 2 centers in St. Louis. One of which is a spinal surgery center. I have contact ed the Clinical Director of that center to pick her brain on what she could find out for me. Dr. Lenke does not do procedures at her center, but she was able to speak with a nurse that has scrubbed in on cases with him in the past and the word there is that Dr. Lenke is most definately one of the best in his field, and the recommendation to see him came very highly. I do believe that I will be calling his office to schedule an appointment. But I have to quit smoking first. I am going to do this the right way. The surgery is not something to take lightly, it is a very complex proceedure. It is one that I have been considering for over 6 years, while during those 6 years I have lost 1 1/4 inches in highth and my curvature has increased by 16*. I am currently taking narcotic meds to control my pain, and that only dulls it enough to keep me functioning. This web site is where I got Dr. Lenke's name to begin with, I was just lucky and have a few connections in St. Lois where I could get a little bit of inside information. I would be interested in talking to patients of Dr. Lenke, especially those with kyphosis

Comment

Hi bj

My daughter just had surgery with Dr. Lenke Nov. 15 and she's doing FANTASTIC. We're thrilled with the results. We flew from Houston to see him. She's not a complicated case but is 15 and has a long fusion that she will have to live with her lifetime. I did a lot of research and I think he's tops in the field. We saw a local scoliosis surgeon who had the highest praises for him too. I would be happy to talk to you more about our experience and show you before and after photos, just send me a PM.

Comment

bj,

while i don't have kyphosis to the degree that you do, my combo of kyphosis and scoliosis has led me to the decision of having surgery with Dr. Lenke. He is such an amazing doctor and his confidence level is through the roof. If you are looking for some answers, go see him! I'd be worth it if you are having problems. He found a lot of problems with me that none of the other 2 doctors i saw even mentioned, including the kyphosis and block vertebrae. Good luck, if you have any questions feel free to pm me also.
                              aBbiE
                              22 yr old F,KU college student
                              Kyphoscoliosis...
                              Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
                              Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
                              I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
                              Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
                              all smiles!

Comment

Dr. Lenke/St. Lois

I know so many of us have had the disappointment of Dr.'s telling us that we have to live with our pain and frustration of increasing limitations. I decided to put out some feelers on Dr. Lenke. I wrote him a letter. I sumarized my condition, the increasing degree of my kyphosis, the increasing amount of pain. The daily decline in my activities and my fear of disability due to my back. I told him that I had done my research, that I knew how complex the surgery was, that I was aware of the chances that my pain would not be reduced. I also told him that I had thought hard about this for 6 years and that I knew that without the surgery, the chances that my pain would increase was greater, and that without the surgery, disability would in fact become a reality. I asked him that if he thought that he could consider me a surgical candidate to have someone from his office to contact me to schedule an appointment. That he needed to make a move before I would drive 12 hours to be shot down again with the words to "live with it". I got a call today from his nurse. He told her to get me in to the office for a consultation, that he felt that I was most definately a candidate for surgery. I have an appointment with Dr. Lenke on 2-27.

Comment

Working...
                                X