No announcement yet.

New w/??s plus Shriners Now or Later?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder why there are so many conflicting reports about her risser. What was her correction in-brace on the day you got the brace?

You may want to put in a call to Dr. Rivard and ask his opinion about bracing with Spinecor with a risser 3 or 4. I know the minimum a child needs to wear it is 18 months.

The good news is that if her curve is only in the 30's (I say only, because my daughter is in the 40's) and she is at a risser 4, she may be home free!!
    Last edited by MATJESNIC; 03-03-2007, 11:11 AM.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

No, I don't know of anyone else going to them, I saw a girl in his office with the brace on but didn't talk to them. I do know a little about Dr. Marco's character and I find him to be very honest and caring. Perhaps he feels there is some hope and feels it's worth trying. As I said before, I spoke with a girl who was 16, fully mature, and was reducing her 30 deg. curve by half in the Spinecor. Have they done an in-brace xray to see what it's correcting too? It could be the pain she's experiencing is due to the amount of correction, which would be a good thing.

I'm not disputing anyone here, this is my opinion, but if there is any chance of halting the progression at her age, I would jump on it and hopefully, your daughter will never have to face surgery, it's the most difficult and heart wrenching decision I've ever had to make.

Comment

She did not have any correction in the brace. She was still 32 in it. They said that it will take time for it to move. I guess about 2 hours wasn't enough. She got it on about 11am and then the x-ray was around 2:30. She had taken it on and off a few times up til 12:15. So it was on at one time for almost 3 hours.

I was thinking the pain could be from her spine moving too. With her being close to Risser 4, then it may not be as flexable.

She will put it on in a little while. I keep trying to get her to put it on to see if the pain is still there. It could have just been a one time thing. Don't know til you try.

Comment

Working...
        X