No announcement yet.

spine-cor vs. Boston brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celia: I missed the one post where one of the semi professionals said "the next spine you hear cracked will be your own" LOL!!!! Of course this was all deleted before I had a chance to catch up.
    Yes, that was a pleasant display of violent aggression by Braceguy towards sportsdoc. I thought you were a fan of Braceguy for letting the 'cat out of the bag'? What does "semi-professionals" attempt to insinuate? I thought we were moving forward from the insults? Isn't this precisely how it all starts? Degrading unnecessary remarks about people..... ...... .

Where is everyone now who claim that I'm the abusive one?

Comment

• Thank you for deleting that last post Celia

Comment

• I didn't mean anything by the term "semi-professional" and I didn't know it was Braceguy who said it. He is a hero in my books.

Canadian eh
        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Structural deleted his replies to me after midnight last night. I wasn't posting to myself. It looks odd today.
          God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• "There is no harm in offer my two cents on topics and inquiries that I have experience with. "posted by Stuctural

Structural,

No, there is no harm in that, but you persist in attacking others. Stop.
            Offer your advice to those you think relevant, if you must, but stop the verbal abuse.

If we as parents, have evaluated and decided incorrectly, on the advantages of the path we have chosen for our children, we will deal with the consequences.

I didn't read any parents post, before I put Rachel in Spinecor, and take it as gospel. It was just, in my opinion, the parent's opinion, not a scientific study. There is one convincing study that offered me more hope than anything else I viewed. I am a medical professional. I am accustomed to evaluating medical evidence. And I am fully aware that the posts on this forum are just the experience of a select few.
            On the other hand, the studies done on traditional bracing are not particularly encouraging, and they have had decades to compile evidence.

At this point, Rachel's results are far above and beyond anything I was led to expect with traditional bracing. I saw several orthopedic surgeons in the US for their opinions. Was I supposed to go with the traditional approach that held a 100% chance of surgery, according to the published studies?

So there we are.

You are entitled to your opinion, but your verbal abuse of these parents is out of line.

Stop.

Offer your medical expertise, if needed. But don't treat those of us on the cutting edge of advances in scoliosis as though we have a vested interest in leading others astray. Our children are the most precious things in our lives. We are not stupid, and we have made the most informed decisions that we can. We are aware of the risks and the disadvantages of straying from established practices. We have decided to take that risk and are sharing our experiences on this forum.

Period.

Stop abusing us verbally for doing that.
            Last edited by cherylplinder; 03-25-2007, 10:02 PM.
            God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

• Cheryl,

There must be some type of misunderstanding here. ???? I have never condemned any of you for using the spinecor brace... I happen to personally believe it is LONG OVERDUE that a flexible dynamic brace be used. I wouldn't exactly call that approach "cutting edge", although it is certainly a step in the right direction. "Cutting edge" stuff is precisely what your friends are condemning ME for! In no way am I suggesting you revert back to "traditional' more widely accepted approaches.?? I've only been bringing up objective points about the braces effects and I personally feel they deserve a little attention rather than get dismissed as having "no consequence". That's not being a jerk or abusive, that's being genuinely concerned. I'm sorry you see it differently. I happen to think you folks are actually taking a quite traditional route... excuse me for saying that but it's not a bad thing. The use of bracing, any kind, has been going on for a long time... when are we going to add something more to that approach to enhance its effectiveness? Strapping on a brace and leaving it at that just seems very traditional and passive to me when there are in fact complimentary methods to make it potentially more effective and work far more specifically on the curvature. I respect your decision to do whatever you like... but you folks don't like me offering my input about those 'additional' methods... who's on who's case for being less than conventional?

And I'm sorry that you feel I have NO RIGHT to defend myself against personal insults, name calling, and degradation of my profession (which is NOT chiropractics)! Maybe you should be pleading to Celia to "stop" with the childish non-sense (ie - ignorama???).

but you persist in attacking others
              I don't know why you keep telling me to stop the "abuse", have you read the last few posts I've put up? I actually deleted my unnecessary arguments late this afternoon. I apologized for playing my role and that was that. Then Celia comes on here and continues with her sarcastic insults (You just don't see them anymore because she erased them after I questioned her on it). So WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "ABUSIVE" TO ME FOR? And persistence???? Who's persisting with abusive remarks?
              You are entitled to your opinion, but your verbal abuse of these parents is out of line.
              As is yours and others toward me...way out of line... I'm sorry but that's the truth. Just because you folks don't understand what I do and can't find a bunch of 'scientific studies' on the matter doesn't permit you to slander and abuse me! That is crossing the line!!! And if you cross it, I will defend it - plain and simple.

Cheryl, I understand what you're saying, but you haven't once considered the role others have played in this. Do you just skip over their posts containing insults and abuse, only reading my REPLY to them? I'd be more than happy to list ALL of the NON-ABUSIVE posts I've put up on this forum... followed by your friends' "abusive" and unsolicited negativity. Any time they see my name, there right there on my tail with some sly negative remark trying to denounce my credibility.

Let's heed the advice of a few other forum members from earlier today and call it QUITS! You're beginning to get passive-aggressive with these repeated pleas.
              Last edited by structural75; 03-25-2007, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Cheryl,

One more thing for the record.. You don't have to spend hours 'researching' my posts. Just start from the very beginning and you'll see clearly that my intentions coming on to this forum were wholeheartedly good. You'll then see how one of your 'friends' quickly circled in to set up for the attack. My presence wasn't welcomed by your ring leaders from the start... even though I was just conversing with other people quite pleasantly. The top dogs giving 'advice' here felt threatened before I ever corresponded with them. Please don't try to make me out to be the bad guy... that's just wrong.

Comment

• Structural,
                  I am not going to get into an argument with you.

You can call my request whatever you want, but the forum members that you repeatedly harass have been posting on this forum for a long time because they have needed support for a long time. I can't recall anyone that has the record you have. Your posts speak for themselves and so do the years of constructive posts that the others have.

I don't think anything will make you stop, but you should be ashamed for continuing to monoplize this forum with your tirades.

Comment

• Cheryl,

I'm sorry you see it that way... but longevity on this or any forum doesn't give one the right to repeatedly harass me every time I try to give someone support or advice on a topic that I'm familiar with. The "harassment" that you're accusing me of is a 'response/defense' to their initial harassment... I'm sure that if you posted suggestions to someone here and were unjustly discredited for it you'd be defensive as well.

Over the years those people you're referring to have driven other forum members away with their harassing, accusative and dismissive comments. I recall one woman who came on here to share her success with a chiropractor and your 'friend' followed up her post with a very negative remark about her chosen approach. I don't consider that supportive or respectful.... and that woman didn't either and was never to be heard from again.... and that's unfortunate and unfair.

I'm sorry, but I won't submit to a dictatorship of opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by structural75
                      ...Over the years those people you're referring to have driven other forum members away with their harassing, accusative and dismissive comments. I recall one woman who came on here to share her success with a chiropractor and your 'friend' followed up her post with a very negative remark about her chosen approach. I don't consider that supportive or respectful.... and that woman didn't either and was never to be heard from again.... and that's unfortunate and unfair.

Oh now I remember! Are you referring to the thread entitled "Chiropractic Hope, Had to Share" where the poster Denverback Chick was planning to see Dr. Woggon at the Clear Institute and this doctor told her that he would reverse her structural scoliosis in six short weeks???? I never realized I was such a threat to scam artists preying on innocent victims. I guess I should be flattered by all the attention.

Canadian eh
                      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

• Dudes, dudes, dudes, lets show some love instead of hate, lets see good instead of bad, be positive instead of negative and above lets start offering support to one another after all is that not why we all signed up. No ones right no ones wrong everyone has an opinion, everyones passionate lets use that passion for the good of one other, lets channel those energies positively and we beat this sh*ty condition we all suffer from

peace

Z

Comment

• Originally posted by Celia Vogel
                          Oh now I remember!
                          No Celia, you don't... that wasn't the one. Must we, or you rather, continue the antagonizing?

Comment

• Celia,

Originally posted by Celia Vogel
                            Which one is it then ?

Listen man, if you have something to say to me send me a private message and we'll hash out our disagreements in private!!!! I am FED UP with you!!! PERIOD! F%#! OFF!
                            You can't be serious... using that language on a public forum with children present.?

... I apologized for my bickering several posts back and you and cheryl keep coming at me with insults, sarcasm, antagonizing comments and a plea to stop. I HAVE STOPPED! You two are the ones dragging it out.

And what makes you think that the "friend" I was referring to was you? It wasn't you I was referring to but I didn't feel a need to point fingers at a specific individual... . Unlike you, I'm not looking to put people down while I'm having a conversation with someone else.

Report ME for harassment... ? Have you read the last several posts?

CAN WE PLEASE TAKE THE ADVICE OF OTHERS AND MOVE ONWARD?

Comment

• That's it!!!! I'm reporting you!

Canadian eh

Comment

• Thank you! I would appreciate it if this was brought to the attention of Joe O'Brien once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                                X