No announcement yet.

spine-cor vs. Boston brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man, this is soooooo good!~~~ Can things get any better??? Christine, you must be so relieved. Now you'll have to change your signature from 11 to 5 degrees LOL!!

Last edited by Celia; 03-02-2007, 06:08 AM.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Melissa,
      I’m from Spain.
      Answering your question... I don’t know for sure what her curves are now; at her latest out of brace x-rays, two months ago, both curves were in the high twenties, but the x-rays were taken just after few minutes after she took her brace off.

Christine,
      Congratulations, is amazing the great correction this brace is able to obtain with those young children. That makes me think...If only my daughter was younger when we realized.....
      I agree with Celia, you should change your signature!!
      2004: Daughter diagnosed at 13 L38º. Risser 0.
      Treatment: Cheneau brace
      2009: Brace free, 18 years old, Risser 5, L25º

Comment

Spinecor rules!!!

I did it, I changed my signature. The visit was exhilerating. Dr. Rivard was very optimistic that the correction would hold and even may go down more. At one point the word "zero" was said.

We had a conversation about the Chiropractors using the brace incorrectly. He is very aware of the problem and is trying to resolve it. I left Montreal with a disk of all of her x rays and plan to send it to our Ortho here. The Ortho here showed some cautious interest. I say the proof is in the puddin.

At this point I still can not believe the results we have gotten with Spinecor. I do realize that there is still a chance for a negative change but for now I feel in my heart and head that my daughter may be one of the few children who cured of Idiopathic Scoliosis.

Christine
        from CT, USA
        6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
        8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
        10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
        10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
        10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
        4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
        8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
        2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
        3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

congratulations Christine
          I´m really glad for you. Such good news.
          I am the one from Spain (also 6 years old daugther, 35º). I´m waiting for our IMR and next doctor visit and then I´ll go for spinecor. I want my daugther having such good results

Comment

this sound all so good christine. Very happy for you

Comment

We just took our daughter to Houston to see Dr. Marco and Mr. Gomez. They put the spinecor brace on her but she is complaining of it hurting her back. The right side of her spine. The bodysuit that came with it is too small so she has just been wearing a t-shirt and her panties. Has anyone else's child had pain the first time wearing the brace?

Comment

Carly's Mom,

My inbox was full. You can e-mail me at matjesnic@comcast.net.

I don't remember the brace hurting. But maybe if one of the straps is tight, it will hurt in the beginning. I can talk about things further in e-mail if you would like.
                Melissa
                From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

email

Melissa,

I tried emailing you but it came back. Hmmm.....

Here is mine. yellowrosetx1@charter.net

~Susie

Comment

Hi everyone

Check out www.paradigmspine.com go into press releases. It looks like Dr. Rivard and others are on the edge of discovering a genetic test for scoliosis!

It is a very interesting site. There is also info about a spine inplant. Not sure if it will be usefull with scoliosis but the way research is going the skys the limit!!
                    from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

Thanks so much Christine. Everybody, be sure to look all the way to the right so you can see where you have to go. This just confirms to me that we are seeing some amazing orthopedics in Montreal. Here's hoping our children will someday benefit from all of the good that is coming into the field of scoliosis.
                      Melissa
                      From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
                      Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

I'm missing something here Which article is it?

Canadian eh
                        Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Celia
                          All of the articles are fasinating. The one I was most interested in was the one about the blood test which Dr. Rivard is conected with.
                          from CT, USA

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhh.....Okay! Thanks Christine, that's a great website!

Maria F

Happy Birthday !!!!

Canadian eh

Comment

Thanks, Celia!
                              mariaf305@yahoo.com
                              Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                              Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

I would also like to extend a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! to mariaf.You personally have made an impact in my familys life.Your supportive advice and genuine care is overwhelming and needs to be acknowledged!!So from my family to you thank you.

As for my opinion on the spine cor debate going on,I truley dont know.I do know it truley intense.I am not giving my personal opinion either way!! I have learned my lesson!!!But I am a little concerned that the 3 Drs I have mentioned it to will not speak of it.THEY were very against it.The only people I have heard speak highly of it are patients or their family.Why is that?As a parent I undeerstand 2nd and 3rd opinions even Drs make mistakes.But 3 Drs had the same reaction to it,I am a little scared to throw that out the window with my daughters health on the line.If this brace is so great why are there so few Drs willing to support it?
                                Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Comment

Working...
                                X