No announcement yet.

A sad post about Gayle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so very very sorry to hear of Trudy's passing. Please let her family know that we are all praying for strength for her children, husband, & all family members to get through this most difficult time. May the fond memories of all the wonderful times they shared bring them comfort & help ease their sorrow.
    Martha
    Mother of Laura, Age 19
    Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
    Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
    Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
    Fused T2-L2
    Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
    Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
    Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
    OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

I am shocked and so sorry to hear of Trudy passing. I want to let her family know that I am thinking of them and praying for them.

Karen x
      Anterior surgery 18th Jan 07
      Fused from T8 to T12 with 2 ribs removed
      Surgery was done by Mr Harrison and his team at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, England
      Revision posterior surgery on 26th April 07 to remove protruding rib stumps
      No longer wearing a Stanmore custom hard backed brace
      Posterior surgery on 18th August 08 due to non fusion of first op and further kyphosis. Two rods from T2 to T12

Comment

I of course only knew Trudy through this forum, but I feel as though I have lost a friend. This family we have created is unique to so many of us and knowing that we lost someone is devastating.

I hope her family can someday find peace and know that all of us loved our "scoliosis friend", we admired her strength and we will miss her.

Trudy will never be forgotton....

Comment

This is awful. Tears are streaming down my face as I type this. I am stunned. Stunned. My heart goes out to her family and to her precious children.

I haven't read all of the posts in this thread yet. I sure as hell hope that doctor is held accountable for his actions. We all know going in that it's a big deal, not without risks. But this sounds like it was so preventable. I am speechless.
          Brandi
          Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
          Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
          L1-S1
          Dr. William Lauerman
          Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
          Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
          http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

She has been like a friend to us all; its such a terrible thing to have happened. Heaven has gained another Angel. Her and her family will be in my prayers tonight. x x
            Jenny
            18 years old
            Sept '04 - Diagnosed with 40° thoracic/lumbar curve
            Sept '07 - anterior spinal fusion T8-L2

Comment

I am shocked to hear about Trudy. My condolences go out to her family and close friends.

Comment

So sorry

I have been reading Trudy's posts for quite some time as we were having surgery just within a month of one another. The news of her passing saddens me and my heart goes out to her husband, children, and other family members.
                28 years old
                Wore brace for 3 years as a teen
                Successful surgery with Dr. Lenke on January 12, 2007

Comment

I just heard about this tonight. I am so sorry and saddened to hear this. My thoughts are with her husband and children.
                  36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
                  Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
                  Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
                  Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
                  Curve post op = 20 degrees
                  No pain anymore!!
                  Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

Prayers for Trudy's Family

I have been following these posts. I read Trudy's posts just before her surgery, and they touched me deeply as I too am facing this for a first time. I was astonished by her passing, and very saddened and depressed. I haven't slept well for the past two days thinking about her and her family. Please, pass on my sympathies, and I will continue to pray that God gives them the strength and courage they need to make it throught this horrible time.

HC (Ann)
                    Last edited by Houston Curves; 02-15-2007, 11:33 AM.
                    44 year old female
                    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
                    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
                    Posterior Only, 9 hours
                    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
                    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Like everyone else I followed Trudy's posts. Her surgery was exactly 1 year after mine and so I felt some kind of a connection to her, just as we all did in our own way.

I was so sad to hear news of this tragedy which possibly could have been prevented. Many people will mourn the loss of such a young wife and mother and I want to join with everyone else in sending my warmest thoughts and deepest sympathy to her family and friends.
                      Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
                      Post op 30(T)/33(L)
                      http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family... I am in complete shock... how terrible! I would like to make a donation in her name... Linda- how do I do that?

All my prayers,
                        Angela
                        Angela
                        29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

I'm absolutely stunned, i still can not believe what has happened to Trudy, as many others have i sit at my computer with tears literally running down my face reading these posts.

Love and peace to Trudy's family, i only hope that some comfort can be found in the love that Trudy gave to others on this site.

Comment

OMG how awful! I just got back from being away for a week and I'm in shock. Her last post was the day before I left and I remember it "this is it" she was going to stay with her mom the night before. My prayers go out to everyone. I'm in disbelief. If anyone knows where I can make a donation in memory of her, please post it. God bless you all. LYNN
                            Last edited by Jacque's Mom; 02-15-2007, 11:40 AM.
                            1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
                            2000 Partial Rod Removal
                            2001 Right Scapular Resection
                            12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
                            06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

I am deeply saddened

I haven't been checking in here much as I am not confortable for long on the computer.

What a huge shock to learn of Trudy's death. She called me before my surgery to wish me well as we were both going to Dr. Shelokov. Then she called me after I got home. I know she was very concerned about having the surgery and I tried to re-assure her but be honest at the same time about how difficult it is to go through. However.....never, ever, would I dream that anything but success would be the result.

Please pass on to her family that they are in my prayers. I haven't been able to get Trudy and her family off my mind since I read about her death and the fact that it was so tragic because of a huge mistake by the anesthesiast. I know that Dr. Shelokov and staff are just devastated, but it should never have happened.

Love and prayers and more prayers to all who loved Trudy. May you be surrounded by people who will help you through this time of such loss.
                              Marcia

Comment

Working...
                              X