A sad post about Gayle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My heart is broken for this family

I am also so sorry to hear the sad news about Trudy as I had also been following her posts and journey to surgery. With so many of us here having had this surgery in our 40's, 50's, and 60's, it is just unimaginable that this was the outcome in a young mother in her 30's.

This is only the second death I have read about on this forum; the first earlier this year in a 14 year old girl with multiple health concerns after surgery succombed to pneumonia because of a weak, damaged heart. Going back to Gayle's old posts, I noticed that she had a heart condition repaired at age 21, so she had already survived one major surgery in her lifetime.

God, please bless these children and husband and keep them in the palm of your hand through this time of grief and give them your peace and assurance of your love.

Deb
    age 48
    posterior surgery 7/24/06
    for s curve T72,L77
    50% correction

Comment

I am terribly saddened by this tragedy. I ask God to give Trudy's family strength to get through this dark time. Let her children know that she is now with them all the time, what she seemed to want most.
      Please keep us posted on what the autopsy reveals. Thank you for sharing this with me.
      Harrington Rods in 1991 at age 15
      Surgery at Scottish Rite in Dallas, TX

Fused from T-4 to L-3

Comment

I am also saddened by this news. This was the last thing any of us expected to read when opening this site today.

I hope Gayle's family reads this, to see how amazing this extended "family" of hers really was. I think this forum is really wonderful, especially after reading all of the responses to this post. We're all very lucky to have such amazing support. I wish we could do more for Gayle's family.

Comment

Our sincerest heartfelt sympathies to Trudy's family. Words can't express how sad we feel. Shock is an appropriate emotion right now. I can't even imagine.
          Carmell
          mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Linda G.

Please tell us where we can send flowers or donations in her name.
            Melissa
            From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
            Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

I am very saddened to hear this terrible news. My thoughts and prayers are with Trudy's family. May they have peace in knowing that she loved them very much.

Leslie

Comment

I can only reiterate the emotions that have been stated by everyone else - utter shock and a deep, deep sadness - for her husband and especially for her children. For them to lose their mother like this is unbelievably sad. I think I was so shocked by what I read that I could not even find the words to post until now.

My deepest sympathies and prayers are with the family.
                mariaf305@yahoo.com
                Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

My heart is broken for this grief-stricken family. I have been shedding tears on and off all day.

God has a precious angel in Heaven by the name of Trudy.

Chris

Comment

Deepest sympathy to Trudy's husband, kids and family. I came on here today to find out if theres any updates on Gayle and when i read Lindas' post i was really sad for someone i hardly knew, but in a way it felt like i did.

Rest in Peace Trudy....

Luv Lee
                    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

I have just joined this forum but have been reading the posts for a while. I am from Sydney Australia and I am in tears writing for the very first time.

I am so sorry to hear the devastating news about Trudy. My heart goes out to her husband and children.
                      Paula
                      Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
                      Sydney Australia
                      58 years old

Comment

I am just heartbroken to hear this news about Trudy (Gayle). Please let her family know that she and they are all in my thoughts.

Comment

This is just heartbreaking. I am so sorry for Trudy's husband and children. I pray that they find strength and comfort in each other.

Chris
                          Chris
                          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

I am very sad to hear, my heart goes out to Trudy's family.

Comment

Such sad news. It is heartbreaking for her family especially her children. I know before my surgery my biggest fear was for my child. I wish her family my condolences.
                              surgery 9/06
                              Rothman institute

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news. Our hearts go out to her family.

Comment

Working...
                                X