No announcement yet.

Anyone from UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. im more out and about than before.

i didnt need a wheelchair before the op or after. started walking in the hospital about 2 days after the op as soon as my brace was fitted.

could only walk a few steps initially but was walking properly after few days.

Comment

I tell you what, you're definitely putting me at ease about this op: walking after 2 days... thank god! I couldnt put up with being still for longer! lol.
      I think Ill keep the brace on for a bit longer than 3 months, just grin and bear it. I know this is the 18+ section but I'm 17 and Im in Scarborough but being treated at Jimmys in Leeds. You?

x x
      Jenny
      18 years old
      Sept '04 - Diagnosed with 40° thoracic/lumbar curve
      Sept '07 - anterior spinal fusion T8-L2

Comment

yeah they try and get u up and about asap.

im 27...today i know im an old bag he he he-in london

Comment

Happy birthday, sai!

Comment

Thanks Robbie

1st bday being straight

Comment

Happy birthday from me too, Sai!

Comment

thanks marty

Comment

Hi from the UK

I'm from the UK too,

I mostly post in the revision part of this forum cos thats where I am in regards to my Scoli, and missed this thread.

I had my op 3 months ago at the RNOH with Mr Harrison, I'm so pleased to have finally found someone else out there who has had surgery by him!

I have a brace on too at the moment, looking at the telltale signs on your x-rays Sai, I think we have the same sort of brace, mine is starting to drive me insane!

I think your before and after pics are amazing, you got such excellent correction, so much better than I got with my first surgery in 1991.

If you want to chat more, let me know

Kat

Ps I have PM'd you
                  1st Surgery in 1991 aged 15
                  Fused T2 to L2
                  'S' curve
                  Before surgery T39 L49
                  Revision surgery 6th Nov 2006

Comment

Hiya Kat

Nice to hear from you.

My surgeon was Mr.Harrison but at the time of my surgery he injured his arm so i had Dr.Lehovsky instead. I do know a lady that had surgery with him though and he is very good. I still have to see Harrison for my post op appointments though.

Do you have any before or afters? would be interesting to see.

Im out of my brace now but i miss the bunnies....lol.

How are you getting on after the op? progressing well?

Sai

Comment

hiya guys

Roundthe twist informed me of this site:
                      http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/ipboard/
                      its a uk based scoli site.

i havent had time to check it out yet but i will.

Sai

Comment

Yeah I know about Mr H being out of action for a while, he had carpel tunnel syndrome, I didn't realise Mr Lehovsky had taken on his surgeries though. I was meant to see him years ago but he refused b/c I was pregnant at the time.

Mr Harrison did actually do my surgery, he's one of the few that is practised in revision surgeries and I trust him a lot.
                        I chose 'urban combat' for my brace, I'm not a 'girly girl' and didn't fancy bunnies or teddy bears or pink for that matter either!

I have before and afters of my first op on the UK site, but I haven't got the before of my current op yet, though I have got a couple of after x-ray pics.
                        I'll probably post them on the UK site though as I'm more active there.

Revision recovery seems to be worse than First surgery in my experience, maybe its just cos I'm older now (31)

I still have 'issues' I need to take up with the hospital, but I had my first op 16 years ago now, so you lucky lot don't have to worry about all that!
                        Surgery has changed so much in 16 years it is unbelieveable, part of me wishes I had waited, but then again my curves were progressing so fast I didn't really have the option to wait.....nevermind,

Kat
                        1st Surgery in 1991 aged 15
                        Fused T2 to L2
                        'S' curve
                        Before surgery T39 L49
                        Revision surgery 6th Nov 2006

Comment

Hi

I dont think he took on all his patients-but because they messed me around quite a lot-the outpatients manager managed to get me a quick slot with Lehovsky.

Im not really a girly girl either but got the bunnies for my nieces sakes who were terrified of me when they saw me on the ward so it made it slightly easier for them.

Sai

Comment

Hi everyone

havent heard from the 'uk posse' in a while, just wondered how you are all getting on.

Hope your all well

Sai

Comment

UK too!

Hi Sai,
                              I've been following your posts - thanks for sharing your post surgery experiences. I don't really belong in this part of the forum as daughter-with-scoli (Annie, 61T, 41L) is 14, but let me say hello anyway. Annie's surgery is on March 23rd in Birmingham. Wish us luck.

It's kind of odd but we have never met anyone in real life who has been through this experience, so this forum is the next best thing!

All the best
                              UKMum.
                              Hey Ho !
                              I'm Annie--->
                              This is not UKmum : it's her daughter but i'm using her account as mine is not working ---->
                              Well i'm 14, my curves are now 61 and 41 degrees,
                              i've never worn a brace and i'm having surgery on the 23rd this month.

I like kayaking, diving, swimming, rock climbing and playing/listening to all types of music.

Comment

Originally posted by sai
                                Hi everyone

havent heard from the 'uk posse' in a while, just wondered how you are all getting on.

Hope your all well

Sai
                                I'm not doing too badly. I'm completely off my medication now. I went to see my surgeon for my six week post-op appointment in February. He said he's "delighted with my progress." He wants to see me again in three months time to have some x-rays taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X