Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Post A Pic

to post a pic....first you need to click on repky to thread

scroll down and there's a button called "manager attachments" click on that and you're on your way.

by the way...I had to edit my picures and make them smaller before I could put them on this site

Comment

Marcia,
      Glad you are posting again- how are you?? Your back looks great! Do you know if your doctor used "resection" on you? (Remove a piece of the spine). You had excellent results!!
      Cathie

Comment

I have pics but since my surgery went all the way to S1 I am embarressed to post them because it shows a little more than just my bones--haha. They are a bit too private to be passing around on the internet. I haven't even shown my kids!!
        Linda G.

Comment

Here are my before and after x-rays:

I had posterior surgery 7/24/06 from T5 to L5. You can see the curve measurements on the x-rays--apx. 72 and 77 degrees before with about 50% correction and gain of 2 inches height. I still have a hump on the right side but nothing like before.
          Deb
          age 48
          Last edited by Cakedec; 01-28-2007, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Well you can really see how you gained height. Looks good that was a really good correction you got.

Lee
            Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Deb,

Your lumbar curve in your before picture is almost identical to mine. Looks like your apex is at L1, same as mine. I've even compared your x-ray next to mine. Whereas your lumbar curve is convex to the right, mine is convex to the left, but I don't have the thoracic curve like you have. Makes me wonder then why I am being advised to have such a drastic fusion. The two consenting surgeons are telling me A/P from T-1 to the pelvis in two or three operations. I just don't get it.

Glad to hear you're doing so well.

Chris

Comment

Deb - very impressive

Deb

Very impressive X rays and correction. Really encouraging as I am same age and have one 80° curve, with planned fusion T4 to L5. It looks like more than 50° correction ...
                48 yr old female. 80° thoracolumber curve. Surgery Feb 14 2007. Fused T3 - L5. Correction to 23°. Happy!

Comment

I just checked out all the pictures on this thread -- wow. I LOVE seeing these. Marcia and Deb, your corrections are wonderful.
                  Chris
                  A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                  Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                  Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                  Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Deb,
                    I love the screws - they look so much more stable than these ol' CD rod hooks of mine! Oh well...after 18 years, they're apparently imbedded in tons of bone by now. You look great!
                    Cena
                    Nov. 2006 - revision surgery
                    Aug. 1992 - revision surgery for hook removal and pseudoarthrosis
                    July 1989 - Cortrell Doubosett procedure - two rods and fusion T4-L4 (age 13)

Comment

hey

the piccies all look great

heres my b4 and after

Comment

Wow Sai, the difference looks amazing! Thanks for all that info! What degree curvature was your spine at when you had the op?

Comment

Your more than welcome marty

it was 49 degrees before op

dont know what it is now but looks like 0 to me compared with before. My right shoulder was higher than left before and now left is slightly higher but no big deal. il never be "normal" but its good enough for me compared to before

Comment

Sue,
                            I have before and after x-rays. I was 46 when I had my first scoliosis surgery in 2004. I had revision surgery twice in 2005. I will get them on here.
                            Mattie

Comment

Hi Deb and Sai,

Both of your results from your surgery look great!!! Congratulations on your corrections.

I hope you feel as good as they look!!!

Shari

Comment

thanks shari

yeah i do feel great and its my 2nd day without brace so feeling even better

Comment

Working...
                                X