4 month check-up/back to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 month check-up/back to work

I had my 4 month visit on Wednesday. Everything seems to be doing really well. He said that my bone growth is ahead of where he thought it would be. He wants me to stay active, I have been walking and doing standing pilates. I went back to work yesterday. I am going to ease into it and work 5 or 6 hours a day. I went to a meeting yesterday and it was an hour drive each way. I was tired when I got home but it felt good. I really was not in any pain.
    I feel like I have turned the corner and I am getting my life back in order. Pain has ruled my life for far too long.
    surgery 9/06
    Rothman institute

Hi Dawney,

So glad to hear that everything is going well for you and that you are able to go back to work alright. I wish I'd had mine done 10 years earlier, as I am 10 years older than you and still have pain six months post-op. Actually, the pain is in the same main places I had it before surgery--just worse in the left upper thoracic-shoulder area now with the rods up there. I think it is inflammation or irritation, also I have hip pain on the right side which is very painful when I roll over in bed. My dr. thinks that these will improve with healing and time; I hope so as it hurts to sit at the computer for very long yet and I have to change position or use ice so going back to office work will probably also be painful yet.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us.

Deb
    age 47
    posterior surgery 7/24/06
    for s curves T72,L77
    50% correction
    DON'T WAIT TO GET STRAIGHT!!!

Comment

Dawn-----told ya it keeps getting better! Then you are so thankful to feel like yourself again...........Ly post-op 5 mths.......

Comment

Hi Dawn,

Good for you!!! It's so great to hear that you are doing that well so soon!!! Keep it up and keep us informed.

Shari

Comment

Wow! Glad to know four months was a good milestone for you.

I am right at three months and still have a lot of muscle spasms though I wouldn't call it pain. It is more like a constant tightness and sometimes burning. The physical therapist gave me muscle stretching activities to attempt to help with that. I will look forward to improvement in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your update and encouragement.

Joan

Comment

Working...
          X