anyone from alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from alberta

is there anybody from alberta,canada on this site with experinces with the childrens hospital?

Hi, I live in Airdrie. My Son has been a patient of Dr. Harder's at the Alberta Children's Hospital for almost two and a half years.

Erica

Comment

hi erica,
      i live in calgary. i have not seen dr.harding. we have seen dr.joughin, and are now dealing with dr.parsons. what form of scoliosis does dr.harding deal with? how many other dr's have you seen or has it just been the one dr?

Comment

I don't know if this is an option for you, but Dr. Douglas Hedden in Edmonton has experience treating very young children with scoliosis and other spine disorders. If he doesn't know the answers, he knows how to help find them.

http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/ortho...53&nav01=20578
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Since he was diagnosed we've only seen Dr. Harder. My Son has congenital scoliosis which has held around 50 - 55 degrees since it was diagnosed over two years ago. He has a number of fusions in his thoracic region. Renal Ultrasound and an MRI have ruled out any other problems. Right now we're just in wait and watch mode. Harder and whomever I met the last time were going to present our most recent x-rays to a group of Ortho Doc's sometime in the near future, just to see what their opinion might be. I think it may have been Dr. Parson's I met a couple weeks ago when we were there. Does he have an Aussie or English accent? There is another Mom, Cathy, I met on this board whose young Son has idiopathic scoliosis, I haven't talked to her in ages, but she's from Calgary and sees Dr. Harder too.

Erica

Comment

my abbey also has a 50-55 degree curve and all her ultrasounds and mri's have come back o.k. as well. does your son ever complain about his stomach hurting, or about hes joints,mostly hes knees causing him problems? what degree was his curve when you first found out about his scoliosis? how old was he when you became aware of the problem? and how much has the curve progressed since then? no dr.parsons does not have an accent at all.i wonder how many ortho docs there are at the childrens hospital.

Comment

My Son has compained only twice about neck/back pain when he extended himself backwards too much. He's never complained about stomach or knees. His curve has measured the same since he was diagnosed at age 3 and 4 months - amazing really. I think they have 6 Ortho Docs at the ACH. They each specialize in different things though.

Comment

New

Hi I would just like to say that my 16 year old daughter was just diagnosed with Scoliosis by our chriopractor he was the first to noitce she had x rays done last week and we will be going to see are family Doctor today. This is all so new to me I have been reading so much in the last week and I feel like it is alot to take in I love this site I happend upon it by accident trying to find anything out. We live in Alberta close to Edmonton and I just have tons of questions if anyone could answer anything I would be very greatful. She has been complaing of severe pain for a while now and I did not belive her until I seen the xrays for myself. Is there alot of pain associated with this? Could this be the cause of her bowel problems irritable bowel? Head aches severe? Leg pain complains of feet falling asleep? I just need to talk to someone that has gone through this. I could keep writting but that is probably enough for now. Mother just looking for some answers and dealing with terrible guilt for not knowing alot sooner what was going on with my daughter and not believing in her pain and sore back.

You can reach me here or at my Email address is Jackieh@thedashgroup.com
                Last edited by Jackie; 10-09-2008, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X