Pain And Numbness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain And Numbness

Hi there! I just registered here today so I am the new kid on the block! I recently went in for posterior surgery and had Cotrel-Dubousset instrumentation put in. It has been two months since my surgery and I have noticed several things: One, I have a numb patch beneath my right breast and also a concave area which did not exist there before. Two, I have a sharp pain coming from between my right shoulder blade and right side of my spine. I would describe the pain as being a stabbing, burning sensation. Third, my right shoulder has dropped forward and down. Even when I try to lift it back up to where it would be, were I straight, I can't actually manage it. My surgeon was not very helpful when I went in for my checkup. He acted very busy, said plenty of maybes and left it all at that. I am inclined to believe that my symptoms are all connected to one another, they are on the right side and the pain and numbness are in the same area, front to back. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Thank you in advance for any replies!
    Therese

Threasa,

Hi, I'm not a medical doctor, but I'll give it my best shot, I have been thru many surgeries (not on the spine) and I believe many pains and side effects come from surgeries, your doctor knew this and was not moved by your pain...It takes months to heal properly...Give it some more time and if the pain persist call him again and make him listen to you.
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

My daughter had poster spinal fusion surgery about six weeks ago, and has a few areas of numbness left on her back. I can't remember exactly where, but this is normal and is diminishing. She had one of those "stabbing" pains between her left shoulder blade and spine for about a week also, but that has now disappeared. She has areas that are extremely sensitive relative to areas right adjacent as well, but her doctor assures us that this is completely to be expected and will go away in time. I have no idea what the dropped shoulder could be from. I heard that if you have ribs removed, you can feel where they used to be - could this be the concave place? My daughter did not have any ribs removed, so I can't be of any further help about that. Why don't you see if you can find an e-mail address for your doctor and e-mail your questions. That might get his/her attention. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X