shoulder and breast problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoulder and breast problems

I have a harrington rod in my lower back since '89. I have had cronic pain below the rod for years with no help from my doctors.
    I have now noticed that I am unable to walk without leaning forward, my shoulder right shoulder has dropped considerably. Has this happend to anyone.

I just read on the net what causes your problem. It's called flatback syndrome. You can do a search using the words flatback syndrome and get a lot of info! I suggest doing some internet research and going to your doc with it. You might have to hit them over the head with the papers to get them to listen. I've had problems getting doctors to listen to my worries too, but going in to them with info about the problem has always made them do a second take! Good luck and let use know how things go!

Comment

shoulder and breast problems

Hi there! I just registered here today and saw your post staightaway. I recently went in for posterior surgery and had Cotrel-Dubousset instrumentation put in. It has been two months since my surgery and I have noticed several things: One, I have a numb patch beneath my right breast and also a concave area which did not exist there before. Two, I have a sharp pain coming from between my right shoulder blade and right side of my spine. I would describe the pain as being a stabbing, burning sensation. Third, my right shoulder has dropped forward and down. Even when I try to lift it back up to where it would be, were I straight, I can't actually manage it. My surgeon was not very helpful when I went in for my checkup. He acted very busy, said plenty of maybes and left it all at that. I am inclined to believe that my symptoms are all connected to one another, they are on the right side and the pain and numbness are in the same area, front to back. Are these symptoms similar to yours?

Comment

chest and breast

when I had my operation, I had numbness for a couple of months. I still don't have feeling on the skin and above the rod. The chest problem I have is that I lean forward and my right shoulder dropsdown and now my right breast is alot smaller than that left.
        I have not been able to get the doctors to give me any answers or act like I have a valid complaint. It has been a very long ordeal.

I hope you get some answers.

Comment

You are paying them a huge amount of money to see to your problems, so you have the right to have answers. Don't meekly ask, demand. Get angry if you have to. I have had to get into doctors faces before to get answers an it works. Remind them that you pay their wages if you have to! You have a valid problem and deserve a valid answer. If you have to sit in the exam room until they'll give the time of day do so!! The abuse you two are getting from the surgeons is horrid and unprofessional. Don't stand for it!!

Comment

go to the following site it is very good for flatback info.

yahoo!groups feistyscolioflatbackers

flatback Deb

Comment

Working...
            X