Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had my Surgery....

Hi there,

Not sure anyone will remember me, but I was due a revision surgery on 8th Nov '06, well it got brought forward to the 6th and I am now just over 8 weeks post surgery.

I had my old hardware - Harrington-Luque Rod, 2 hooks and 13 wires - removed and 2 Titanium Rods (Don't know what their proper name is) 7 pedicle screws, 1 hook and 2 crosslinks put in!
    I also have to wear a post-op brace for 6 months (which is already becoming tiresome ).

My surgery was originally meant to be 4 hrs, but due to a couple of 'suprises' for my surgeon it took 8hrs altogether.

I haven't been on here lately mostly because I also belong to a UK based site and I can't sit here long enough to type everything twice!

I have been lurking and reading though.

Kat
    1st Surgery in 1991 aged 15
    Fused T2 to L2
    'S' curve
    Before surgery T39 L49
    Revision surgery 6th Nov 2006

Glad to see that you are up and about! Be thankful that you only have to wear your brace 6 months. I had to wear a body cast for 9 months after my original surgery. It was 15 pounds of plaster that I could not take off to shower. Just remember not to depend on the brace for support, let your muscles do the work! Just use it to keep you from bending or trying to twist to the side.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Hi Kat,

yes I remember you. Glad you're recovering well and I wish you a smooth one.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
      X