tattoo over scar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tattoo over scar

whats good? im getting a tattoo over my scar in about six months. I was wondering if anyone else did this? I saw on Miami Ink, a women had a tattoo inked over her scar for scoliosis. It is amazing what certain ink artists can do.

Cool
    Ant or posterior scar?
    Jenn
    37 y/o female
    60 degree lumbar
    45 degree thoracic
    1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
    T 5 to S 1
    NYC

Comment

hey I'm working with this guy about getting one over my hip scar but i love my back scar it looks totally awesome. No way am I hiding it. But my this tat will be on my lower back and will reach over and cover the hip scar. I have to warn you though, most ppl wouldnt touch it. I have to have my doctor notified with the date and time I'm getting mine done bc more than likely Im looking at getting it stitches from where the scar will rip, bc its really thin. I suggest going to your doctor and have the scar analyzed. I did and mine is really thin and never regained the same thickness as the rest of my skin. anyway. love ya later -Ali K

18 yrs old
      surgery~ Aug 2001, and three major curves.
      spinal fusion and metal rods
      but thats the past
      now~ Univ of Tenn freshman
      future~ something prime time!
      akitzrow@utk.edu (anyone email me with any questions you have!)

Comment

We joked about what tattoo would work with my scar. My daughter thought a flower with the scar being a stem would work nicely. I would never cover it up I feel I earned it and can't wait to show it off with backless tops in the summer. It gives me a chance to talk about scoliosis to people who might have it or know someone who does. I talked to 2 people in the gym with loved ones scared to death of possible surgery. (They approached me when they noticed my scar.) I give out my # if they want to talk or I give them this site to gather info. Everyone thinks this surgery is so awful, I'm here to say I would do it all again!

Comment

I was told that a tattoo over scar tissue would hurt more. However, I always joke to my husband that I'm going to get a tattoo of a beanstalk over my scar so that the fairy I already have on my lower back (just below the scar, thank you Dr. Starr for not messing her up) can look like she's climbing up it. :lol: Just thought I'd share.
          25 yr old female =^_^=
          Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
          Lumbar curve 23 degrees
          surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
          Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Working...
          X