Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems

Hello. Rather worried about my back. I had a lower spinal fusion and two harrington rods inserted when I was 14. Am now 33 and have got problems. Am finding my back is not as strong as it was, and I am having aches and pains. Felt it was bending again and had an x ray whih showed a slight move at the top. Is this common in people who had surgery a while back?
    Columbine

I don't know about the bending, but I know that not excercising can cause lots of back pain. If your aren't already, start walking. Also go back to doing the isometric excercises that you had to do after surgery. You need to get those back muscles back in shape. That will help with the pain and weakness. But remeber not to over do it! excercise should not cause pain. In this case no pain no gain is a very bad policy!

Comment

Columbine,
      I don't mean to add to your worries, but if you have Harringtons, you might want to check with an Orthopedist that deals with adult scoli patients. You may be developing Flatback Syndrome. A lot of docs don't know or have heard of Flatback Syndrome. Harringtons were stopped being used in the late 1980's for scoli patients because it was discovered (to late) that it can cause Flatback. Just do a search on your PC for Flatback Syndrome for more info
      SandyC
      SandyC

Comment

flatback syndrom

Wow, I think I finally found out what is happening to me. I have been to 5 different Doctors trying to get some relief from the pain. But they all treat me like I am nut or faking the pain. I have almost given up on the hope of feeling good again. They all told me to walk and exercise, I do that and still pain. I feel like I have wasted so much time and money. I just want to say thank you for your help.

Comment

Did the doctor give you any ideas of what to do to help? Hopefully there is something you can do to at least ease the pain you are in!

Comment

Working...
          X