Im a new member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a new member!

Hello how are you? i joined this forum because i had a spinal fusion about 6 months ago. Everything is going alright i guess. I want to tell you a little about myself. Im a 18 year old male. I enjoy hangin with my friends, goin offroading, playin some sports, partying and enjoying myself. I used to have a girlfriend but i currently dont. Ive found that girls dont care about my scar from surgery no matter how good looking they are. I am told I am a very looking guy so i decided to get a tattoo over my scar once a year has passed because my surgeon said it would be fine once my fusion is solid. I used to smoke weed everyday and use dip (chewing tobacco) and cigarettes. Now due to the fact that will screw my fusion up, I have not smoked in 6 months. I wish to god I could. I would say i have a drinking problem and the surgery has left me with a pill addiction. Anyways, after a year period i will return to using weed occasionally. I am telling all of this because I feel the need to truly tell who I am. I am a nice person and I respect mostly everyone. The surgery has changed my attitude towards people in general. I am more happy to be alive and have a straight back. Well it will good to talk to some of you... peace

wow that is alot of information. Im glad that you quit doing all that bad stuff like smoking, because its gross ( i wish my boyfriend would quit) and im happy that you can admit to all of that stuff and not have to hide it. You sound southern, are you? Im from Alabama, Go Tigers. But anyways.. Im new here too, well ive been a member for a few months now but i never talk on here, i go to spinekids. Im having my surgery in a few hours actually! haha And im really really nervous, but id rather just get it over with and be done with scoliosis... BLAH!

Comment

nah im from conneticut... good luck with your surgery, im sure you will be fine

Comment

Hey
        FYI
        I'm not 100 % certain, but I think it's just the nicotine that will slow down fusion.
        Jenn
        37 y/o female
        60 degree lumbar
        45 degree thoracic
        1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
        T 5 to S 1
        NYC

Comment

Whoa

Its really good that you have admitted all of this stuff. Maybe this surgery will have more of an effect on you than you think. Maybe you will stay quit for good. I know that would take a lot of work, but you would be healthier.
          Okay, im butting out now, sorry
          xoxoMOLLY

my name is molly
          i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
          i got my back brace at age 13
          i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
          my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
          i've had scoliosis since i was 7
          my legs used to be uneven
          but now they look much more balanced!
          and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
          Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

Cool im new here 2 so wuts up?

Comment

yikes...i know where you're coming from.

my name's Mary. I'm 20, from KY, and as for the whole pill thing...yeah, I know what thats all about. I'm 9 years post-op and was involved in a REALLY bad MVA...i accidentally pulled out in front of a 12 ton dump truck and needless to say totaled the crap outta my car, and was left with a fractured L2 and a lacerated spleen. I was stuck in the hospital for 4 days, and ended up getting out of it with nothing more than a new-found sense of caution when I drive now. But ever since that car wreck, July of 2005, I've been dealing with a pretty severe and gradually increasing amount of pain. I went and saw my ortho a couple of days ago and he thinks its whiplash. I think thats a cop-out, but it may just be that I'm bitter and jaded from all the time I've spent living with pain. I've tried everything I can think of...exercises, yoga, every single over the counter pain medicine they sell, stretches, and I will be attempting physical therapy and chiropractor visits once I finally get medical insurance...but nothing has really helped. Pain pills, though, do the trick at least for a short time, but I have a LOT of friends who are really bad off on them, who have been addicted for years and who go thru ten kinds of hell when they can't get any. Pill sick is what they call it. I'm hoping to find a cure for this pain that doesn't involve considerable amounts of Lortabs but so far nothing works as good. But anyways I just wanted to say I know where you're coming from, and as for the chicks who don't want anything to do with you because of your scars, thats crap. They're just shallow. You'll find someone who cares for you for YOU and it'll do wonders for your self-esteem when you do. I know it did for me.

Comment

Working...
              X