chiropractic success anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiropractic success anyone?

Has anyone out there been treated for their severe scoliosis (60 degrees +) by Chiropractic and been successful?

I'm 51 and am facing surgery, but want to check out all the options. So far, I haven't seen any results with Chiros that I'm impressed with. We went to a Chiro for a consultation and he was very sure that he could help me, said he would be brokenhearted if I opted for surgery. We asked him today if any patients he'd had success with would be willing to talk to us. He's going to see if they will, the next time they come in.

I think he's sincere, but I'm skeptical. In this forum there are so many more people to get feed back from.

Please, I want to hear about any success stories!

Thanks!

Hi Snowdal...

Research shows that chiropractic treatment cannot reduce structural scoliosis curves. It might, however, be able to reduce your pain. If the chiropractor is gungho, I would push him to give you some milestones against which you can mark your progress. If those milestones are reachable within a small amount of time, then it might be worthwhile. If, however, he wants to sign you up for a lot of treatments over a long period of time, I'd run the other way, or at least ask for a $ back guarantee.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I have had pretty good success with chiropractic for scoliosis. I have been going to one for a long time and I don't go so much anymore, but when I do go, I feel much better when I'm done with my visit.

Comment

Wish I could offer something positive

Originally posted by snowdal
        Has anyone out there been treated for their severe scoliosis (60 degrees +) by Chiropractic and been successful?

I'm 51 and am facing surgery, but want to check out all the options. So far, I haven't seen any results with Chiros that I'm impressed with. We went to a Chiro for a consultation and he was very sure that he could help me, said he would be brokenhearted if I opted for surgery. We asked him today if any patients he'd had success with would be willing to talk to us. He's going to see if they will, the next time they come in.

I think he's sincere, but I'm skeptical. In this forum there are so many more people to get feed back from.

Please, I want to hear about any success stories!

Thanks!
        I tried a chiropractor in hopes he could make me feel better. On the 3rd visit I questioned why he had me coming back when he did nothing. His reply was that he was afraid to touch me for fear of breaking a bone. Perhaps there are chiropractors out there that are more knowledgeable when it comes to treating scoliosis. I wish you luck in your search to find one. Regards, Elaine

Comment

no chiro

I hate chiropractors.....
          I had scoliosis so bad, that my chiropractor used my xrays as examples to show other people.

Anyways...one time he was cracking my back and it really really hurt and i ended up in the hospital that night.

I got a shot of demorol and I don't remember the rest.

I never went back to the chiropractor after that becase I was nervous that his hand could slip again.

In the end I had surgery for my scoliosis...so maybe I should've kept going to the chiro.....

Comment

I have had really good success with chiropractic and I recommend it to everyone who has it.

Comment

Working...
            X