Support Groups In My Area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Groups In My Area?

After doing a lot of research on the internet looking at different support groups and Scoliosis organizations...I've discovered that this condition just seems to be much more popularly addressed in large cities.

I grew up in Tennessee and got diagnosed accidentally on my own doctor's visit because there are NO school screening policies in place in the state of Tenn.

Also, now that I have moved to Alabama and have lived here for about 5 years...I have discovered that school screening is regular here, but there are no known support groups or organizations in this area at all to provide information and knowledge to those that may be dealing with Scoliosis.

The only groups or institutions I have been able to find are only in the large cities of Northern states.

I would like for anyone who may live somewhere close to Tenn. or Alabama to tell me if you happen to know of any Scoliosis support groups or organizations nearby. There must be just as many young people and adults dealing with it here as there are in more popular areas.

Also in TN

I live in TN and would LOVE to know about support groups in this area.

Comment

Reply to sunshinemommy...

I have great news... and soon I will be posting a new thread to announce to everyone on the forum that we now have a Scoliosis Association Support Group in Auburn, Ala.
      The Scoliosis Association Inc. headquarters is located in Boca Raton, Fla. There have been support groups established all over the states, but none in Tennessee or Alabama.
      Being orginally from Tenn, and now living in Auburn, Ala... I decided to get permission from the Scoliosis Assc. to start a new chapter here in Auburn.
      I am also pleased to say that I will be serving as the President of the chapter and organizing the meetings, etc.

I am not sure where in Tennessee you are located, but if this is at all helpful to you, please snd me a message via this forum and I would be happy to get you more information about this new support group. I was once a young girl growing up there who discovered my condition a little too late; and I believe that if the Tenn. state schools had a screening policy in place, as so many others do, it may have helped me.

Good luck to you, and thank you for your post!

Comment

I live in Mobile, Al. If there is a scoliosis group please send information.....

Comment

Working...
        X