Peggy's Daughter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ellen,
    I second Charlotte's message. Stay away from amusement rides for at least a year and even then use good judgement. A lot of roller coasters are tough on a normal back let alone one fused surgically. As for the brace, the surgeons said from the start she would have to wear it for a minimum of 6 months. Her surgery was very successful so it wasn't based on the outcome. They just said it was for support and protection. I wish she didn't have to wear it but I respect their decision. I feel more comfortable when she has it on. Unfortunately she doesn't! Be careful at the park. Have fun!

Comment

hey charlotte and peggy!! thank you sOoOo much for the advice...i went last friday and ended uo just riding the mine train...its a pretty easy ride, my friends would let me do anything...and im glad for it too!! b.c personally i dont think i should have even done that 1!! but thanks to my friends!!! its just hard going to an amusment park and like doing nothing, because i liek LUV rollercoaster! ill be carefull thogh when i go to the water park on sunday!! im not going to do anything that like drops you from the slide to the water....and then only ones that im like in a float n then tha laxy river and wave pool....okay sorry im just like rambling on and on....so i guess i will go now....GOOD LUK TO EVRYONE ON FINAL EXAMS THIS NEXT WEEK!!! and charlotte and peggy----thanks for the advice!! much luv ~ *ellen*
      much <3
      ~*ellen*

curves before and after surgery*oct6 03*
      before--51 and 21
      after--15 and 14

Comment

No problem ellen - I'm happy to help. I'm glad to hear you are taking it easy. And thanks for the luck with finals, I'll need it!!!
        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
        L2 to T4
        Braced for 4 years
        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Glad you had fun at the park Ellen! You did the right thing taking it easy even though it is not much fun. Hope your day at the waterpark goes just as well. Good Luck!

Comment

ellen,Glad you had fun!
            what water park did u go too.

Comment

oneofFive1

hey!um...i havnt gont to the waterpark yet...thats tomarro!!**sunday** were going to hurricane harbor...its in arlington tx....
              ~*ellen*
              much <3
              ~*ellen*

curves before and after surgery*oct6 03*
              before--51 and 21
              after--15 and 14

Comment

Working...
              X