Kudos!!! for Dr. Douglas Slaughter & his office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kudos!!! for Dr. Douglas Slaughter & his office

My friend, who had surgery under Dr. Crandall, referred me to the Sonoran Spine Center, after I got the run around at the internist, and told have a happy life, just don't overdo. My friend Theresa told me she was really happy with everyone she had contact with and her back feels fine now, not a problem. She had a fusion. (not for scoli)

One funny thing about this office is they are efficient and fast, yet one never feels hurried or any sense of hurrying. It did take a week and a half to get an appointment, but I live in "northern" Phoenix, their office only comes up this direction once a week.

First I met with Mike Bumanglag, the P.A. Here's his picture. http://www.sonoranspine.com/Michael_Bumanglag.asp Now how can you not put aside your worries for a moment and respond to a smile like that?

He seems very knowledgeable, capable, direct. "I like to draw," and he whips out a pencil and begins drawing on my x-rays. Now that is what I am talking about. Tell me something so I can understand it and have some control.

Post MRI, I met with Dr. Douglas Slaughter. You can see his picture here. http://www.sonoranspine.com/Douglas_Slaughter_MD.asp

Now I have to warn you, when he comes into a room for the first time he is very dignified and composed. (I was only surprised by inference: his staff are happy energetic people, and Slaughter's smile is nice on the web; I thought he might be jolly) I will also say, if you are a person who truly sees a person? His picture can not reflect him. I see/sense people in odd ways. I bet he would be flattered by my observations, or caring enough to pick up on things.

Well anyway, knowledgeable and so on, and I do believe he has a sense of humor under there because I glimpsed it. The bottom line is.. he's the real thing, studied hard, has real practice.

As it turned out, my husband and I did not have to "make decisions" (the scary kind) but I will put that under herniated disc and the lack of my current problems having anything to do with my rod. I know Mike told me that but so too, Dr. Slaughter; but Slaughter added to my education: the rod is far away from C5-C6. It "couldn't" have caused the problem.

Last, I said they were efficient. There really wasn't a wait, and I felt like I was in and out of there and I was, but it never seemed that way. There was plenty of time to ask questions, even my sillier ones. Let freedom ring, but that is for my next post about 10 lb weights and the thinking of 1979.
    Traction at 13, body cast 1 mos., Milwaukee, first plastic (severe allergy, abdomen skin burst, watery) then leather. Harrington Rod @ 15, 9 mos body cast, hips up. 9 more mos being careful and protective. Degenerated disc C4-5 I think well above the rod. Degenerated disc below the rod now? Probably.
Working...
X