Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My nephew will have the 7th surgery

Greetings all!

My nephew has a problem with his heart and went through 5 surgeries with this problem. When he reaches his 14 years of age, all the suddent his back became really curved (just on the upper part of the spine-about 1/4 part of the spine from his neck-(This was a result of the previous heart surgeries-Muscles being attached to the spine and pulled the spine curve as he grew up). He had a surgery with the rod be put in in 2003, and then had it taken off in 2004 (don't know why doctor in Paris ordered to have him come back next year-2004 right after this first scoliocis surgery)-Now his back getting really worse and it has potential of damaging heart and lungs. Back in his country-Vietnam, we've been told by doctors that he needs another scoliocis surgery .

We're really worry about his conditions as he got heart problem and afraid of another scoliocis surgery. We will sale all of our properties to make fund for him to come to the US for this time surgery.

We were wondering if any of you have experienced similar problems and what doctor should we go for this time surgery. I've heard about the good reputation of Dr. Boachi but he is in NewYork and we will be with our relatives in California. If you have heard about Dr. Vernon Tolo in Children Hospital of LA? Any of your information will be appreciated.

Tammy

Hi Tammy...

I know Dr. Tolo, and know that he has an excellent reputation. He treats children, however, and it sounds like your nephew is no longer a child. Since you're interested in seeing someone on the west coast, I recommend that your nephew be seen by one of the spinal deformity surgeons at UCSF in San Francisco:

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/medi...ity/index.html

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thanks Linda. Do you know Dr. Tolo's contact info? Thanks much for your advice.

Tammy

Comment

Vernon T. Tolo, MD
        Children's Hospital Los Angeles
        (323) 669-4658
        4650 W Sunset Blvd, MS#69
        Los Angeles CA 90027
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
        X