Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Twin Cities Spine Center Patients have cd rod removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Twin Cities Spine Center Patients have cd rod removal?

I had surgery in 1988(Dr. Francis Denis) and was wondering if anyone has ever had partial rod removal up in Minneapolis. Is it even an option? My local spine doctor thinks it's unlikely that my rods are causing my pain and my pain doctor thinks it is the rods.
    Not sure what to do next!

Hi Flipsie...

It's almost certainly possible to remove your rods, or at least part of them. I have to tell you, however, that the people who had a big reduction in their pain from rod removal are the ones who knew (before a doctor told them) that it was the implants causing the pain.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Dr. Denis

Flipsie,

This is my first time on this site. I don't even know how I found it, but I am so happy that I have. I had scoliosis surgery by Dr. Denis in 1996. I am now 25 years old and have been in extreme pain for the past year. I have seen Dr. Denis twice this year and I have felt that my appts. were very rushed, after he leaves the room my mind is spinning and I can't grasp what short info was shared with me. Therefore I went to see a MD from the Midwest Spine Center. This MD told me completely different info that Dr. Denis. Dr. Denis thinks I should have my rods removed while the other MD thought cervical traction would cure my pain. I am not sure what to do either.

Comment

Working...
      X