Alexander Wright, M.D., Boston, Mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexander Wright, M.D., Boston, Mass

Does anyone know what Dr Wright is up to these days?
    Jeralyn is Queen!

How odd that you're asking now... he just died last week

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/obi..._treated_bird/
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Tribute to Dr Alexander Wright, "Bink"

I would like to start a tribute thread to Dr Alexander Wright of New England Baptist Hospital.
      I met Dr Wright in 1976 at the Lahey Clinic in Boston. I had previous fusion T-2 to T-11 at age 16. After 3 years of pain and several trips to my prior surgeon who simply told me to "Expect pain after this type of surgery", Dr Wright was the physician who quickly diagnosed a broken back and residual lumbar curve. He immediately scheduled surgery and made me SOOOOO much better. A year later I needed to have the loose rod removed, but I had suffered an anesthesia complication during the prior surgery and no one would answer my questions as they prepped me for the rod removal.Instead of finding me in recovery 3 hours later, my husband found me on the sidewalk in front of New England Baptist. Dr Wright investigated my records and researched the problem: They were using a form of "Kurari", (can't find that in spellcheck so bear with me, some of you will remember it from the old Tarzan movies) and patients were dying from paralysis. Fortunately when several seconds of not being able to breath passed I was able to get the anesthetist's attention and mouth the words " I can't breathe". He immediately reversed the medication and I awoke post-op wondering what had happened. IF Dr Wright had not taken the time to resolve this issue for me I don't know how I would have gotten through life. Dr Wright performed a complete refusion posteriorly in 1987 as well as anterior L2-L5. I loved his warm, caring way. He was always direct, honest, and tender. Whether I was feeling well or poorly, I looked forward to my visits to his office because I knew I would find out what was wrong and sometimes I baked him a cake. He always sent a card of appreciation. In fact, we corresponded several times after I left New England to move to Florida.
      Without his gifted surgical hands, I would not have been able to conceive and give birth to 3 wonderful sons. I am deeply grieved to hear of his passing. He rescued me from tremendous pain and agony at times. I cannot say how much I loved and cherished this man, he was my hero.
      Jeralyn is Queen!

Comment

Working...
      X