Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hips and breathing

hey
    i have a boston brace and it seems like it makes my hips WAY bigger than they really are and also one seem a lot bigger... is it the same with anybody else????

and also...sometimes i have trouble breathing with my brace on mostly at night when i'm sitting or lying down... does this happen to anybody else???
    LIBBY

14 yrs old
    28 t
    29 L before brace
    right now: 21 L
    now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

hey

I get the samething somtimes, and about ur hips ur pelvis might of widened and u mightr need a new brace thats why im getting my new one
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

as a 7yr boston wearer, i totally get where you are comin from!
      I found that as far as breathing goes, i learned to breath more with my chest and less expanding my lower torso...i know it sounds confusing but put a book on your belly (without brace) and breathe normally,...see the movement? your brace prevents alot of that so it may take a bit to get used to it. and yeah..your whole spine and hips are being re-aligned so you may notice a difference there. hope i helped a bit!
      8years in Boston Brace starting curve 22 degrees, ending around 30 anterior fusion in 2004, curve went from 48 degrees to 25 !!im in college and love to ride horses, swim, and bike!

Comment

Originally posted by cowgirl87
        I found that as far as breathing goes, i learned to breath more with my chest and less expanding my lower torso...i know it sounds confusing but put a book on your belly (without brace) and breathe normally,..
        yeah and i exactly see what you are talking about and indeed this is very simple.. it is just a case of concentrating within the chest area.. mor that the bottom belly...

Comment

it is hard to breathe since your stomach is being sucked in. but when i lay down it helps. sitting up is tourture,
          i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

me too

Libby,
            i have no idea what a boston brace is...i didnt even know that they had different types of braces...my doctor doesnt go into detail very well. Anyway, i have had my brace for a little over two years now and i have always felt like my hips look HUGE! Luckily, if you wear lots of loose shirts it doesn't look bad. Everyone i know is so used to it that they dont even notice the diff on those days that i dont feel like wearing it
            As for the breathing i actually fell it easier to breathe when i am laying down, but it is hard when i am sitting. My brace also leaves this line on my arms because the guy that fit it to me was mean and told me that i just had to deal with it.

my name is molly
            i am 15 and a sophmore in highschool
            i got my back brace at age 13
            i should stop wearing it REALLY soon
            my curves are 38 and 43 degrees
            i've had scoliosis since i was 7
            my legs used to be uneven
            but now they look much more balanced!
            and hopefully my scoliosis will start to get better
            Oh, and i'm raising a lamb. her name is Violet and she's super cute!

Comment

Originally posted by xolibbyox
              hey
              i have a boston brace and it seems like it makes my hips WAY bigger than they really are and also one seem a lot bigger... is it the same with anybody else????

and also...sometimes i have trouble breathing with my brace on mostly at night when i'm sitting or lying down... does this happen to anybody else???
              hi i also have problems breathing. what i do is i start eating healthy and i exercise to lose some of my stomach (it's alittle big!) also wat i do is i loosened the straps alittle and every night i tighten them alittle so i get used to it! hope i helped!
              Hey i'm Nicole,
              i'm 16, i like to write stories
              and poems.
              I never come on here so...
              peace

Comment

Working...
              X