No announcement yet.

New to the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow it does take you back reading all these posts eh. I still remember as like if it was yesterday.

Operation, then Plaster cast put on after 2 weeks, hips to neck nearly. I had a hole in the middle as well. Unable to sit up for 3 months., Then going home for another 3 months. Then back for the plaster off, was that absolute heaven. I can still remember the back wash, just wondeful. A brace put on for the next 6 months, unable to sit up without it on. Then that was it.

I cannot tell you all how grateful I was and how grateful I have been over all the years since. Had and still having a great life. Have done absolutely everything I wanted. Have a loving family 2 sons and 1 grand daughter.

Yep in pain pretty bad, but I honestly dont care. It is hard sometimes ,sure, but when I think what would have happened without the operation I count my blessings believe me.

God bless.
    Lorraine.
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Working...
    X