Putting on Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting on Brace

Do any of you know how to put on the brace yourself. if so How? I can do the bottom strap, and sometimes the middle strap but never the top one. i have a boston brace. Help me! Give me tips
    Wear Boston Brace, 18-23 hours a day. My curve is 38 without brace on top and 28 without brace on bottom. With my brace it is 28 on top and 13 on the bottom. I PRAY no surgary. I love volleyball and track. I hate not being able to find clothes to fit my brace!

Hey: don't worry, with practice you will be able to put it on yourself! here is how:
    1. put brace on
    2. using mirror, get first strap done by just reaching around and tightening it.
    3. for bottom strap, put both arms around your lower back, and use the mirror to guide the strap.

it takes practice, but eventually you will be able to do it, try asking someone to help you practice, and help you learn how to do it yourself. if you are not comfortable asking your mom, talk to your doctor, or orthatist! good luck! i have worn the boston brace for about 8 months, and got a different brace that i have been in for over 1.5 years! e-mail me anytime @ RueschR@dsha.k12.wi.us
    Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
    -Virgel

Comment

hey
      i found that it is easier to start on the bottom and work my way up
      Mák Veronika
      14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
      40T
      54L
      +rotation
      Boston Brace since December 2005
      Location in Florida

I play flute.
      I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

ya: sorry, i agree: working bottom to top is sometimes easier my bad!
        Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
        -Virgel

Comment

hey...yeah I always worked from the bottom strap to the top strap. For the top strap, I put pressure with my right hand at the very top of the right side of the brace as I pulled the strap with my left hand toward my right hand (that way I could make it tight enough)...good luck!! hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks that helps i'll try
            Wear Boston Brace, 18-23 hours a day. My curve is 38 without brace on top and 28 without brace on bottom. With my brace it is 28 on top and 13 on the bottom. I PRAY no surgary. I love volleyball and track. I hate not being able to find clothes to fit my brace!

Comment

Working...
            X