New to this site.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to this site.........

I have a 14 year old son who is now wearing a TLSO brace full time with a curve of 26 top and 38 bottom . He is adjusting well to the brace. He was diagnosed last year with both curves being 13 degrees. He grew 5.5 inches in one year and thus his curve with haywire. He is expected to be in the brace for at least 2 years possibly 3.

Are there any other families with boys with scoliosis here? I know it is more common in girls but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have a son (now 15) with scoliosis. He had surgery late last year and is doing well now. How is your son doing with the brace? Has he adjusted to wearing it at school, etc.? I'd be happy to talk anytime if you'd like. Good luck to you -

Renee

Comment

Hi and thanks for responding

He is doing well with the brace, and since we homeschool wearing it at school isn't an issue. All his neighborhood friends and church friends are supportive of him which is a good thing.

I am proud of how well he is doing and he is working at tightening it to the tightness that the orthotist wants it to be. We return for a recheck on Oct. 5th with the orthotist.

Thanks again for pointing me to this forum also.

Annette

Comment

BETall,

I'm not quite sure why you directed me to the website. It seems to be a database/study for people suffering from Idiopathic Scoliosis that are undergoing non-surgical treatment. My son had surgery, so what was the point?

Renee

Comment

Working...
        X