Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could I have scolosis?

Dear Anybody,

I am 13 years old. I have had heart surgery and while recovering I walked a little slanted because it hurt to stretch out. No one has ever said I have a curvature in my back, and when I ask people they say no. But when I look at myself in the mirror it looks like it. When I move my room around, when I am lifting things basically it starts to hurt really bad. When I recovered, I walked much straighter. I still think there is something there, and it bothers me to see others backs so straight and mine not (at least I think anyway). Could I possibly have Scolosis due to walking with a hunch for 1 month after each of my 6 heart surgeries?

Hi...

Actually it's "relatively" common for kids who have heart surgery to develop scoliosis. When you go to your doctor next, be sure to ask him/her to check your back.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X