specific scoliosis surgeons in houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specific scoliosis surgeons in houston

Has anyone worked with Dr. Gary Brock (Fondren Orthopedics) or Dr. William Phillips (Texas Chidlrens')? My daughter is sixteen with a 38% thoracic curve and a 51% lumbar curve.

I am in Houston but have never heard of those docs. The only surgeon I could find in Houston with specific Scoliosis background is Dr. Hanson. My surgeon (Scoliosis expert) was Dr. Dickson but he has since retired and Hanson took over his practice. So far I am not that impressed with Hanson. I think he is probably a good surgeon and has the knowledge but his office seems too busy. just my 2 cents
    Background - Diagnosed in 1981 with a s-curve. Very progressive. Wore a Milwalkee brace from 1981-1986. I had back surgery in 1989....spinal fusion with Harrington rods and bone from my hip.

Comment

You may want to check into the Scottish Rite Hospital in Texas or your nearest Shriners Hospital. Shriners specializes in orthopedic surgery for children and only work on children under the age of 16. Once diagnosed, before their 18th birthday, Shriners will treat them until they are 21 years of age, all at no cost to you or your insurance. We used the Portland Shriners for our daughter. She was 16 at the time of her surgery. We couldn't of been any more happy with them. She is now 18, today, and will continue to receive treatment until she is 21 years old. I am not sure what the Scottish Rite Hospital is, but I think similar on treatment, with the exeption that you have to live in Texas to use them. It would be worth checking on.

Comment

Working...
      X